Uniquely identify Infuse player for Tautulli

Hi,

I use Tautulli to fire off a webhook to Philips Hue to dim the lights on movie start and restore on movie stop. I have two Apple TVs, so I need to be able to figure out which one is in which room to determine the appropriate lights.

When using the official Plex client for Apple TV, Plex reports the player name as, e.g. “apple tv - family room” which is what I’ve called the Apple TV itself. However, when using the Infuse client the player name is simply reported as “apple tv” meaning I don’t know which instance has started a movie.

Is there a way for Infuse to pick up the Apple TV’s name instead of using a hardcoded string?

I guess ideally it would be nice to be able to set this within Infuse itself, but just picking up the Apple TV’s name would work really well for my use case.

Thanks,
Mike

1 Like

Okay, typically I appear to have followed my standard pattern of searching fruitlessly for hours and then stumbling across the answer 10 minutes after reaching out for help :man_facepalming:

Tautulli supports a Machine ID field which does appear to be a GUID and therefore exactly what I was seeking.

Interestingly, I hadn’t noticed that the official Plex client is also now identifying itself as simply “apple tv” so I guess that’s a change/regression in tvOS 16. Also shows how little I used the official client now I have Infuse.

Cheers,
Mike

3 Likes

Thanks for following up!

This should be helpful for anyone else looking to do the same.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.