Unable to play videos from Dropbox (Update: Dropbox outage resolved)

Hello, since this morning I have a problem with the infuse player, all the media cannot be read (movie & series), I have a black screen with slow sound but no image over time reading does not match at all (see image)

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue. Have disconnected and reconnected Dropbox. Downloaded the file locally. Tested on ATV and iOS. Haven’t found a file that will playback yet. Very very odd; the time doubles and the audio stutters. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

hello ,did you have to re-index your entire library?

I did, but the problem still hasn’t gone away. Haven’t been able to watch anything for about 15 hours

ok, well I’ll wait, maybe a staff member will come by. thank you for your answer

Beginning yesterday 4/24/2023 evening all of the videos I have either will not play or playback with no video just a black screen.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled.
I have restored purchases.
This problem is both on the iPhone 14 pro max and my 4K appletv and the 4K 2021 versions I have.
Apple TVs are on 16.5 iPhone is on 16.4.1
The files I am trying to play are on Dropbox.
I also tried downloading the files to the device and the problem persists.
It will play correctly videos that were taken using the iPhone camera.
The trouble happens on both mp4 videos and mkv.
I have also tried videos were working on Sunday and those are also not working any longer.
Anyone else having this issue ?

1 Like

hello I have the same problem

1 Like

I’ve combined the two threads that are discussing this issue so could you all please list your device model, OS version number and Infuse version number to help figure this out. (Beta versions can always throw a curve ball when used)

Also please note if you’re streaming from a cloud service, using a local server like Plex /Jellyfin, or streaming from a local NAS.

hello ,the problem is on my 4 supports (ipad apple tv, iphone and mac) I have the latest version on each device (infuse 7.5.2 (4410) and I use dropbox for my library

Please list the version number since some people run public betas and they consider that to be the latest vs the actual released versions. :wink:

1 Like

apple tv 16.4.1 (20L498 / ipad 16.4.1 / mac ventura 13.3.3 / iphone 16.4.1

2 Likes

Hello there! Once again I have a problem with playback from Dropbox. This time there is a new problem. When I try to download a file, everything is downloaded(downloaded file shows no image, only sound and for 11 hours) but if I play it, I get 2 problems, first “Playback Error” or a screenshot will be attached ( The length of the movie also shows 11+ hours, no image and intermittent sound and it plays backwards)

Is this a Dropbox lockdown?

30F82

1 Like

I moved your post to one already running that appears to be similar. Haven’t heard if all of the users are using dropbox but at least one other is so it may be a dropbox issue. Thanks for the code too!

All downloaded files with infuse Through the dropbox API have the same effect as in the screenshot and play the same way everywhere. If you upload directly on the site or through the dropbox app, the file is fine. We conclude that there is some problem with infuse working with dropbox.

2 Likes

exactly, what is strange is that at night it works perfectly

2 Likes

Updated title to reflect dropbox issues. Thanks for the input!

I used it today around 2 a.m. and everything was perfect, and around 12 p.m. it broke down…

2 Likes

It may help to also send in a diagnostics after you see the problem like @Awakened did. That may show the error codes for Firecore to chase. :wink:

Or :vampire:

1 Like

here is my code CH0A4 :slight_smile:

1 Like