TV2 on 4.4.4 w/ aTV 2.2 should/can I update to aTV 2.3 should/can I update to 5.2 or 5.3

I have an Apple TV 2 on firmware 4.4.4(3300) and aTV 2.2

Can I update 2.2 to 2.3?  If so should I?

Can I update to 5.2 being that I am on 4.4.4 (I doubt it but wanted to double check)

If I can’t use 5.2 then a jailbreakable (tethered) version of 5.3 is still being signed correct?  If so where is the download link for the IPSW that I should use and is it worth dealing with?

Thanks

Will

also…

As far as jailbreaking 6.x is concerned… is it a good guess that it will happen soon after I can JB 7.x? The Reason I ask is there isn’t a whole ton of info that I see on Apple TV jailbreaking but the day 7.x for ipad/iphone/ipod hits I am sure I will hear about it from somone…

I just don’t want to miss out on the next big update that I need to do :( it sounds like I totally missed the boat on 5.2 from snoozing since the 4.4.4 launch what 2 years ago?

There’s no need to update to 2.3, no big difference between the two. If you jailbreak that ATv you’ll have to update because you’ll lose the 2.2 and ONLY the latest ATV flash can be installed on any version of ATV.

Can I update to 5.2 being that I am on 4.4.4 (I doubt it but wanted to double check)

You can go to any version of the firmware as long as you have saved blobs for that version. Use Ifaith to check to see what versions you have saved.

If I can’t use 5.2 then a jailbreakable (tethered) version of 5.3 is still being signed correct?  If so where is the download link for the IPSW that I should use and is it worth dealing with?

I believe 5.3 is still being signed, so go ahead and jailbreak. Use seasonpass to save your present blobs then use it to choose 5.3 and it will download that version and jailbreak.

As far as jailbreaking 6.x is concerned… is it a good guess that it will happen soon after I can JB 7.x? The Reason I ask is there isn’t a whole ton of info that I see on Apple TV jailbreaking but the day 7.x for ipad/iphone/ipod hits I am sure I will hear about it from somone…

I just don’t want to miss out on the next big update that I need to do :( it sounds like I totally missed the boat on 5.2 from snoozing since the 4.4.4 launch what 2 years ago?

Don’t hold your breath waiting for the next jailbreak, it wil happen when it happens and at that time you can jailbreak to that. Meanwhile, enjoy the 5.3 tethered jailbreak.

why dont you stay on 4.4.4 jailbreak it unthetered. if you dont care much and you want 5.3 i can do exchange give you 1 jauilbrokem with 5.3 and give me your with 4.4.4 .