TV Show sort by release date order broken in 7.4

As the title says, despite my sort order being set to release date, unwatched tv shows sorts alphabetically. This is crazy annoying as you can’t see the newest unwatched stuff anymore.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. We’re looking into this.

2 Likes

Thanks James. While you are looking at it, it would be great if we could have different sort orders for standard tv and movie libraries vs unwatched lists.

Just popped on here to report the same problem. 7.4 forces all my TV Shows to alphanumeric sorting rather than Release Date. Please fix !

Hi,

I’ve got subfolders with movies + movies in the root folder as well. When sorted by date - folders have been alsways on top (skipped the sorting), now in 7.4 - it’s all messed up.

Both apple TV & iOS

Even after changing sorting order to release date the shows are still in alphabetical
This happened after the latest update
The screenshot is from my iPadOS but tvOS shows the same bug

7.4.1 with a fix for this is now available on the App Store. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, no. Folders (e.g. ‘Action’, ‘Drama’… with movies inside) are still NOT on top in the root folder. Expected - folders still sorted alphabetically AND displayed first, and movies after - by date.

Folders are displayed on top if you are using Sort by Title.

For other sorting options, folders are mixed in with files (similar to how macOS Finder works).

Before 7.4 - it wasn’t like that. In Finder btw you have an option ‘folders on top’ (always activated of cause)

Any follow up please about “folders on top” behaviour which was changed in 7.4?

Mac OS let’s you control the folder locations and this was not the behavior On the Apple TV app before 7.4