TV Show Metadata

I have one show that won’t download the metadata (Phatmon: Requiem for the Phantom). I have tried replacing the ‘:’ with a ‘-’, ’ - ’ and even tried it without anything. Any ideas?
Failing that what is the layout for a local XML for a TV Show?

Well you have it spelled wrong in your post (it should be Phantom, not Phatmon)… That maybe was a typo, but regardless it is fairly easy to troubleshoot these kinds of issues.

I’m pretty sure that the FireCore MP is using thetvdb.com to do metadata lookups for tvshows. So if you go to thetvdb.com and search your your show, youll see that the name they use for it is “Phantom Requiem for the Phantom” (no dashes or anything).

That is what you want to use for you show names to make lookups as error proof as possible. So name your files along these lines (I find either of these work equally well):

Phantom Requiem for the Phantom S01E01.avi

Phantom Requiem for the Phantom 1x01.avi

You can put the episode title afterwards if you want to, like this (I like to put the dash, but I don’t think it really matters)

Phantom Requiem for the Phantom 1x01 - Awakening.avi

The important thing to remember is FireCore only uses the filename to do the metadata lookup - it does not even look at the folder names. You must put the show time, season, and episode in the filename itself using one of the supported formats.

Thank you, this is what I was missing. I thought it looked at the folder name for TV Show title and then the filename for the season/episode number. I had:

Phantom Requiem for the Phantom -> S01E01.mkv

So now I have fixed the file names to ‘Phantom Requiem for the Phantom S01E01.mkv’ and it picked it up instantly.

Thanks.