TV Show Metadata

I’m a happy user of Infuse Pro, on my Apple TV. At the moment, I only have movies and it works perfectly, with metadata, coverart etc.

But now I would like to add some TV shows. But how is it best to put the folder structure.

I think (example)

TV Show Folder → Folder (TV Show Name) → Season 01 → TvShow.S01.E01.2005.mkv

Will it work so that it retrieves the correct metadata?

I do not have the great experience. I have before tried to put TV shows in Infuse, but it did not find the metadata. Do I do something wrong, what are you doing?

Welcome to the forum!

The one thing that you may want to change if it doesn’t work as you have it is where you have “TvShow.S01.E01.2005.mkv” delete the “.” between “S01” and E01" so it is “TvShow.S01E01.2005.mkv” and it should all work great. That has worked for me where I’ve had issues in the past with the space between the season and episode with a few.

There is also a users guide that may give you a bit more insight here Metadata 101 – Firecore

You won’t hurt a thing if you try a few to see how it goes and if you have any problems post the exact file name you’re trying and we’ll see if we can help you get it working. I don’t think you’re going to have any problems though.

1 Like

One other thing, the year isn’t always necessary for the metadata lookup but when it is, it should follow the show name and not come after the season/episode number. Like TvShow.2005.S01.E01.mkv. Most don’t require the year so where you have the year is fine but if you find you have to use the edit metadata option and see where the year is listed in the options moving it to after the show name should correct the issue if you want to change the file name. Once you correct it via the edit metadata option it will work also.

One thing, if the year isn’t required then leave it after the season/episode info since the file may be misunderstood to be a movie instead of a TV show when the year is right after the series name.

@NC Bullseye

Thank you, and thanks for the quick response. It works perfectly when I remove the “.” between Season and Episode.

Now I have another question. I want to use my own coverart in a few tv shows, because I did not think the covers that were chosen are great. Can I use my own covers without removing the description of the series, actor overview etc?

I have tried to throw a “folder.jpg” file in the root of the folder, but it does not appear ?

Glad it solved your problem!

If you scroll down in that users guide page I gave you you’ll see a section “Overriding TV series, season, and episode artwork” that may help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Arhh. It might be a stupid question. But I can not be allowed to use “/” in a file name.

Ex “tvshowname/fanart.png”

EDIT:

Does not matter. That was a stupid question. “/” was of course an example.

But if I want to change the head cover to a series - that’s what you see in the overview before going to the seasons. Which one should you choose?

Episode poster
seriesname/season 1/episodefilename.jpg

Season poster
seriesname/season 1-poster.jpg

All Seasons poster
seriesname/season-all-poster.jpg

Series poster (available only while using Library)
seriesname/poster.png

Series fanart
seriesname/fanart.png

I found out.

“poster.jpg” to coverart
“season 1-poster.jpg” for the seasons

NOW, the Tv-Show folder is perfect.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.