TV Show Episode artwork

Hey :slight_smile:

First time poster but been using Infuse Pro for nearly 2 years now and love it.
I fully undertsand how the meta data works etc, so thinking it might just be that its not a feature yet but;

Do the iOS versions of the app download the artwork for TV shows for no reason? IE each episode just displays the season image when flicking between episodes.
But on TVos it grabs the individual episode images from TVDB.

Was just wondering if I was missing an On or Off switch?
Or does it just grab the artwork because thats what all versions of the app do but displays the season image because its set too.
Funnily enough without meta data it pulls a random screen from the video file, so I guess it doesn know how to display different images within the UI.

Either way amazing product keep it up.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum!

Currently, on iOS, you will see fanart while browsing through a season, as we’re not using the episode images in the UI right now. This was a design decision, as the episode artwork provided by TheTVDb is pretty low resolution (usually 400x225), which doesn’t look great when scaled up. The Apple TV UI uses smaller episode thumbnails, so these episode images do work ok there.

We have talked about starting to make use of TMDb for certain TV show data in the future, and this would open up a few more design options as they provide higher resolution episode artwork. We don’t yet have any kind of ETA on this right now though.

Hey James.

Exactly the answer I was looking for thank you, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

Thanks so much :slight_smile:
Keep up the fantastic work guys.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.