TV Series moved to Other after 6.4

Just went back and re-read your posts and wanted to clairify something. When you do a metadata search for example Ironside you said that you got the wrong date. You said it should be should be sep ‘67. Just to clarify something, the date you see in the Edit Metadata when you do it on an episode of a TV series, it won’t be the air date of the episode it will be the first air date of the series so Ironside is March 28, 1967.

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/ironside/seasons/official/1

It looks like there may have been the original pilot that aired in March of 67 then the series continued in September.

Did a little digging and found this:

Maybe the DVD set you have didn’t include this episode? Just a thought.

I think you’re missing my point. There is nothing wrong with the file naming and until recently everything sorted correctly into seasons in TV. Now maybe 30% of the TV series go into Other. I also have a Clear all metadata 1GB option in settings …is it possible I ran out of memory? But why now? Something like 90 of the my previously correct TV series videos are now in “other.” Note I have two Apple TV’s. …one 4K and the other is the previous generation. They both do this as well as my iPads and phones

Is this affecting any other series or just this one?

Are you able to browse to these episodes via folder favorites? If so, do the words ‘Local Metadata’ appear in the top right corner of any of the folders?

4 series are 100% in OTHER ( Columbo, Mrs Columbo, Paper Chase, and Ironside). One Perry Mason Episode is in other but the rest of the Perry’s are properly in TV

The only folder the above are in is other and they don’t have the metadata info…just a picture from the beginning of the video and the resolution info. I couldn’t see the local metadata anywhere. Seems it is on all devices … iPad, phone, Apple TV

The TV shows that were not doing this are shown in the picture above (ie Death in Paradise)

Just submitted a diagnostic- RE213

I’ve got the exact same problem with the new Cosmos Possible Worlds 2020 series. It use to work (use to be metadata there for it weeks ago) but constantly got deleted or put back on the list of metadata again to select for It. It’s now just showing and using the original Cosmos series which was years back and the not the right episode titles or year.

Cosmos Possible Worlds 2020 was weirdly available to select on the iPhone iOS infuse 6 app, but not available to select on the AppleTv 4K list. Or vice versa on my iPad app. Kept going on and off to edit to choose in the list. Now it’s completely not there. I’m a yearly subscriber to infuse so I’ve got the latest updated apps on all my devices.

Cosmos 2020 is technically classified as season 2 of Cosmos 2014.

More info here.

Nope it was classified as Cosmos Possible Worlds S01E01-13 on IMDB. I was able to select the right metadata originally in the drop down list after searching for the words Cosmos Possible Worlds, but it kept messing up and being removed from the list .

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey 2014 is a completely different season/series name and would also be classified as S01E01-13.

I’ve just checked and it’s there again in the list on the iPhone infuse app along side with the 2014 series. But when I select it, it still places it in the other list even after going in and selecting it for each episode.

First, Infuse uses data from TheTVDB not IMDB. If you use the structure that James provided you will get the correct metadata. Cosmos Possible Worlds is the second season of the 2014 series Cosmos

Here is the explanation directly from TheTVDB site admin

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?p=174272#p174272

It appears that the individual series Cosmos Possible Worlds is being removed fron TheTVDB and has no episode info, cast, or other metadata.

If you look here
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/cosmos-a-spacetime-odyssey
You can see under season 2 they have all of the episode info listed. So following this naming conviction will get you the correct metadata.

That’s super weird. There is multiple consensus from users on that site and even production companies and sites like IMDB that indicate it’s a totally brand new season mini series (S01). You would think because they change the titles every time for each mini series it would automatically become a new single season.

I am guessing I have to select Cosmos (2014) in that drop down list in Infuse edit metadata and change the names to each episode Cosmos S02E01-13 in the network folder… Not Cosmos Possible Worlds S02E01-13.

They are usually spot on with things like this but sometimes things go into the twilight zone.

Yup, Cosmos S02E01.mkv should work or Maybe even Cosmos Possible Worlds S02E01.mkv but I’d try just Cosmos S02E01 first.

You can always join TheTVDB and add your input to the conversations like this one. Who knows, maybe the one more voice may change their minds.

It wouldn’t work originally before when I changed it to Cosmos Possible Worlds S02E01 like James said. But now when I change the files to Cosmos S02E01-13 and go into infuses drop down list under edit metadata and select Cosmos (2014). It now changes it to Possible worlds episode names but has no way of it saying that it’s called Possible Worlds. TVDB admin are weirdos to make a significant change like this to a totally new mini series which should fall under a Season 1 naming.

how do I delete a post?

On a hunch - I rebooted my desktop (my videos are on an external drive) and all is well again.

Looks like it was on my end (I think)…not sure what happened and why it put 90 videos into OTHER

Great to hear!

Thanks for following up.

Doggone it. It happened again. Same TV series moved from TV to Other. Not sure what triggers it.

This time I nuked everything. I deleted the shares and rebooted everything and started from scratch with shares, etc. Now its OK again. The TV Series are in the right spot. The Library scan is slowly going through the database update but everything looks good so far.

Man, sorry to hear that it got you again. Did you also delete the iCloud backup? I’d hate to have it “fix” everything back the way it was.

Are you running the latest 6.4.2 version on all your devices?

Any devices (even those which are rarely used) still running an older version by chance?

I don’t think so but I’ll check