Trying to make my movies better quality

I use a NAS to store all my movies and I have a big range of formats and qualities. I play my movies from my NAS using SMB share. I am very relatively new to all the hd, uhd, 4K etc. I have noticed when I’m watching movies that I get a really horrible look of black pixelisation when there is darkness. I can actually differentiate the levels of darkness from the amount of pixels, but I don’t know why this is the reason.

I am trying to understand if this is a problem with my 4K TV, is it the movie quality or filming, is it not the correct quality I thought it was or is it something else. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve grown up seeing the old black and white tv and I am amazed and super happy with the quality and depth we have today. But I have a lot of movies and if there’s anything I can do to make them feel better, I would like to try. This problem also occurs with movies just made and released this year. I will post a photo of an example that I took of a movie. I’m happy to work with anyone who has the time to help me in order to try different things and find what works. Thank you :sparkling_heart:

Can you check to ensure both the Match Content options are enabled on the Apple TV? Having these on will allow Infuse to output the most accurate picture.

Hello and thank you for your reply. Those settings were actually off. I did play a piece of a movie after enabling those settings and a massive improvement. I will be able to take a better look at a few movies I had issues with in the morning. Thanks a ton for that help

2 Likes