Trying to make my movies better quality

I use a NAS to store all my movies and I have a big range of formats and qualities. I play my movies from my NAS using SMB share. I am very relatively new to all the hd, uhd, 4K etc. I have noticed when I’m watching movies that I get a really horrible look of black pixelisation when there is darkness. I can actually differentiate the levels of darkness from the amount of pixels, but I don’t know why this is the reason.

I am trying to understand if this is a problem with my 4K TV, is it the movie quality or filming, is it not the correct quality I thought it was or is it something else. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve grown up seeing the old black and white tv and I am amazed and super happy with the quality and depth we have today. But I have a lot of movies and if there’s anything I can do to make them feel better, I would like to try. This problem also occurs with movies just made and released this year. I will post a photo of an example that I took of a movie. I’m happy to work with anyone who has the time to help me in order to try different things and find what works. Thank you :sparkling_heart:

Can you check to ensure both the Match Content options are enabled on the Apple TV? Having these on will allow Infuse to output the most accurate picture.

1 Like

Hello and thank you for your reply. Those settings were actually off. I did play a piece of a movie after enabling those settings and a massive improvement. I will be able to take a better look at a few movies I had issues with in the morning. Thanks a ton for that help

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.