Trouble formatting specific movie metadata

Infuse doesn’t seem to want to fetch the metadata for the movie “Mushishi: The Next Chapter - Path of Thorns” which can be found here on TVDB.

I have the entire Mushishi series (both seasons, one special, and the Drops of Bells movie) already on Infuse and hadn’t had any issues, but this seems to be the only thing that won’t fetch the correct metadata. At first, I was under the impression that it was considered one of the specials under the Mushishi series that can be seen here, but when I formatted the title as such (S00.E02), it showed up as something completely different.

That being said, when I try to format it as an individual movie, nothing is working at all and it keeps appearing under the ‘other’ section. Does anyone know how to format the title correctly so it displays as the Path of Thorns movie?

This looks to be one of those TV series with multiple problems.

First, “Mushishi: The Next Chapter - Path of Thorns” is a TV series with the episode name (not a movie) per IMDB

And the name you have is for S01E11 and S01E12 per IMDB

Now with all of this info the biggest problem is that it doesn’t appear that TMDB has this listed in the same way as either IMDB or TVDB. They have this TV series listed at “Mushi-Shi”

and your specific episode(s) listed as a special which would have a file name like “Mushi-Shi S00E04 Path of Thorns.mkv” as seen here

This title could use some work so if you’d like to, you could join TMDB and help fill in the gaps and make it work right for your use as well as the whole community. :wink:

Yeah I think the solution here might just be to edit the info over at TMDB. It just looks like the issue is that others weren’t sure whether to classify some OVAs as specials or movies. Thanks!

1 Like

I think you hit the nail on the head! Good Luck! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.