Trakt & Infuse Pro Login Fail

Hmm, it looks like Infuse is connected as well?

What are you seeing in the Infuse app?

Hi James,

Thanks for reply.

I get this on both iOS and tvOS :

Log sent : 14ZDR

Thanks. Looking into this.

Hi,

Any tip ?

:slight_smile:

Hi,

Any update ?

We’re still looking into this.

Thanks for your patience.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Infuse 7.0.2 (3624) RC

Hi James,

Any news on this? With latest info i sent?

Does that help to better understand the issue?

Tks

@james

Traktv login issue still persists…

new log sent : 4B4D8

Can confirm here. Same error message, on any platform.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Trakt log in fail

A post was merged into an existing topic: Trakt log in fail

@james

Traktv login issue still persists with latest 7.0.5.

Is anyone really reading this ?..

any update ? still happens on 7.0.6…

@james

After months of waiting for your reply, i’ve managed to sort this issue out by my own.

If you even care (or other similar case users) :

This error is described on the following link : Locked User Accounts · Issue #228 · trakt/api-help · GitHub

And if Firecore team did in fact READ Documentation, all of this would be sorted out way sooner, since in Trakt API Documentation its clear : Trakt API · Apiary

And since Infuse is supossed to support Trakt API, i don´t understand how come no one read the Documentations, and follow API instructions, as they state :

Locked User Account

A 423 HTTP status code is returned when the OAuth user has a locked user account. Please instruct the user to contact Trakt support so we can fix their account. API access will be suspended for the user until we fix their account.

Well… all in all its sorted out.

I still think Infuse is a Good Product, but the Support/Customer attention is clealry “weak”…

br,

1 Like

Was there any insight given on what my have caused the lock in the first place? Some action to avoid or a setting to fix to avoid this in the first place?

Hi,

Yup :slight_smile:

“Over the past several months, Trakt performance has been negatively impacted by a huge increase in API traffic and poorly coded apps. Some apps are sending a mass amount of duplicate data to user accounts, which causes the user’s account to time out on the website and API. Rather than waste API cycles, we’re flagging these accounts and will return an API error until Trakt support fixes their account.”

link : Locked User Accounts · Issue #228 · trakt/api-help · GitHub

In my specific case this was the root cause :

"It looks like MrMC stuffed your account with 843k play history items. Your play history has been deduplicated to the best of our ability, and your API access has been unlocked.

Before using Trakt’s API again, make sure to find a fix from this third party applications developer, or disable it entirely."

Thanks for that. I was trying to muddle my way through reading the API info but since I don’t know what the code for Infuse looks like and have to just do a best guess I’m glad you got the answer.

I was wondering if their API even gives other apps that didn’t cause the lock any info as to why it errors out and only sends the reason to the app that causes it.

All just speculation on my part but thanks again for the follow through! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for following up!

It looks like this is a relatively new change for Trakt, and something we were not previously aware of.

We’ll be adjusting things to better handle situations like this in the future.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.