Trailers

+1 from me on this, would be a great feature.

+1

+1

Hello,
Iā€™m a french user using Infuse for 2 months now and I have to admit that the application is really great.
The network speed test on the last release done on 4K movies made me realize that I had a problem on my network. So thank you very much for this great application.
But I have to admit, Iā€™m really frustrated when I have to choose a movie with my wife and the final selection is always done by watching a trailer of the movie. But the app doesnā€™t allow it :S
Moreover, all my trailers are local (and included in the movie directory): itā€™s even more annoying :stuck_out_tongue:
Iā€™d also like to see the feature to be able to play (and select the number of) trailers of movies not played before the selected movie (it could help to preload the movie a bit during this time).

So Iā€™m adding a +1 to see this feature coming (hopefully one day) in a future release please.

Sorry for my english, I use deepl for the translation.

+1

+1000ā€¦ from me.

I like the idea of Infuse being a stand alone app. I left Plex for this reason but I must say that the first thing that I noticed was really the trailers missing.
How can you decide on a movie without watching a trailer?
At the moment I have Infuse and then a separate app (still on the Apple TV) that shows Trailers for both Movies and TV Shows and it sounds a bit ridiculous that when my wife ask me to watch a trailer to decide I have to leave infuse and go into another appā€¦

In any caseā€¦ it seems to me that the majority of us, if not all of us, cares about this feature but I m not seeing it in the ā€œupcoming futuresā€ post and I dont see any official reply from admin/developers if it will be ever available or not, if there are technical obstacles ā€¦

Hope things will be more clear soon

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

What poor service from Firecore. They ignore the most important wishes of the community, now we can see how seriously they take our requests.

Same thing with the ā€žMac Appā€œ suggestion!

+1

simple mockup attached for tvOS

+1

the trailers would be great

+10

+1

I cannot believe nothing can be done. If infuse cannot grab trailers from sources like hd-trailers or themoviedb maybe it can play local trailers available in the library. I put trailers for my movies aside the original movie file with a -trailers suffix to the file name and infuse does not even see it as media. Thatā€™s good so at least it does not double my media but it would be good to be seen as trailers. Letā€™s see what developers say

+1

+1

Has no developer chimmed in on this request?!

Yes, @James responded last year. Youā€™ll have to search for it.

maybe you can allow local trailers to be recognized and playable. Users could have trailers aside the movie in their local library with a specific format like moviefilename-trailer.ext and Infuse could treat them as playable trailers. Easy-peasy!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

any chance on this? or if not could we at least get a no and maybe a justification. this way we wonā€™t keep waiting in vain :slight_smile:

Yeah, that would be a really simple solution. I donā€™t know why Infuse developers are so against this feature.