Three issues with Infuse on Apple TV

I have three issues with Infuse on my Apple TV:

1. My Movie has embedded subtitles. It works fine, but the last subtitle sentence has no correct ending. It’s visible till the ending from the movie. This happens to all my other movies as well.

2. In tvshow view, the word ‚episode‘ is too far above and get cut off.

3. The Upscaling from HD Footage to 4K is not really smoothly. It has some artifacts/jagged edges. In comparison iTunes Homesharing has a much better upscaling quality.

Support? Can anyone help me?

1. My Movie has embedded subtitles. It works fine, but the last subtitle sentence has no correct ending. It’s visible till the ending from the movie. This happens to all my other movies as well.
    We need more information, if possible please post media info and what language you are having issues with.

2. In tvshow view, the word ‚episode‘ is too far above and get cut off.
    I haven’t run into this, we need more information and specific examples if possible.

3. The Upscaling from HD Footage to 4K is not really smoothly. It has some artifacts/jagged edges. In comparison iTunes Homesharing has a much better upscaling quality.
    Again, we need more information and possibly the mediainfo from a few files you are having issues with. This sounds like a “source” problem (ie the rip that was made is lower quality). I haven’t run into any issues with the upscaling, but most all of my files\movies are ones I made myself or HQ\direct rips\copies.

What device are you using?
What firmware\OS are you using (device and infuse)?
What display are you using for comparison?

The more information we have, the easier it will be for us to help troubleshoot.

1. I use german subtitles. It happens to separate srt subtitles as well. Try playing a movie and the last sentence has no ending.

2. see attached screenshot

3. the upscaling problem happens on all sd files. (MkV, MP4) I use latest Infuse release on ATV 4K (11.2.5). Try iTunes with homesharing in comparison to infuse. iTunes has much cleaner and sharper edges than infuse.

???

Thanks for the feedback.

We’ll look into these for an upcoming version.

Are you able to reproduce the three issues?
In which timeframe a fix will be available?

1 & 2 are on our radar to look into.

With regard to playback of 1080p - would you be able to send in a sample file you are seeing this with?

I have send you a sample file.
this mostly happen with SD resolution files.
Playback the file on atv with iTunes homesharing and with infuse and you should be able to see the difference.

Are you able to test the upscaling quality?
I have attached a screenshot to show you.
Infuse (at the top) has artifacts/jagged edges. In comparison iTunes Homesharing (below) has a much better upscaling quality.

EDIT:
I’m stupid ? Screenshot: iTunes Homesharing (at the top) and Infuse (below)!

The Infuse one at the top looks better to me. Just my opinion though.

Same top looks better (infuse)

Oh sorry…
I’m really stupid… ?

Infuse is below and iTunes Homesharing is on the Top… ???

So the clean edge is iTunes Homesharing and the jagged edge is Infuse!

Hello support, can you see the difference in the sample?

Support?

Thanks for the information.

We’ll see what we can do.

I have used the Infuse iOS App to try it out!
I stream the sample video with Infuse iOS over AirPlay and the upscaling quality is the same like in iTunes Homesharing (clean edges)!

That‘s why Infuse for tvOS is the problem (upscaling quality is very bad)!
Please fix this bug!

Hey James ?
I have exactly the same issues with Subtitles, TV-Shows GUI (Episode) and the Upscaling Problem!

Could you please fix it up? ??

Any news for my three issues?

These are on our list, and there will be a number of various improvements will be available in the upcoming 5.7 update.