"This device is not supported by Seas0nPass."

I have a MC572LL/A Apple TV.  I'm trying to jailbreak it but when I use Seas0nPass I get the dialog box:

This device is not supported by Seas0nPass.

Any ideas to help?

OK I found the problem.  I was able to purchase a brand new 2nd gen unit, with all new factory wrap/packaging.  All of it was there: labels, sticky plastic wrap on everything, etc.  And yet with a magnifying glass the unit is clearly labeld:

"Model A1469"

It's a 3rd gen unit.  Interesting.  I doubt Apple could screw up that bad.  I'm going to the seller and look for refund.  Wish me good luck...

there is no brand new apple tv2s anymore, apple discountinued the apple tv about at 1.5 years by now....

I am using windows 8.1, I had to take an Apple TV Gen 2, from 6.2 and manually installed 5.3 IPSW I downloaded using iTunes.

When I load Seas0npass, Apple TV Micro USB ONLY plugged in, when I click "Create IPSW" I immediately get the message "This Apple TV is not eligible for this version".

I have been messing with this for two days, and I am really confused.  Any help or suggestions would be great.

[quote="mitch.lnu"]

I am using windows 8.1, I had to take an Apple TV Gen 2, from 6.2 and manually installed 5.3 IPSW I downloaded using iTunes.

When I load Seas0npass, Apple TV Micro USB ONLY plugged in, when I click "Create IPSW" I immediately get the message "This Apple TV is not eligible for this version".

I have been messing with this for two days, and I am really confused.  Any help or suggestions would be great.

[/quote]

Check jailbreaking section.