The New Apple TV 4K - Available on 9/22

The new Apple TV 4K is coming and will be available on 9/22 (pre-orders start on 9/15). We're super-excited and can't wait! :D

Quick specs

• Full 4K resolution with HDR 10 and Dolby Vision
  • A10X (2x CPU, 4x GPU performance)
  • Price: $179 (32GB), $199 (64GB)
  • Native 24/25Hz output for 4K resolution - woot! ?

And...Infuse 5 will receive full support in a series of free updates coming later this fall! More details here. https://firecore.com/blog/18839

What about 4K streaming and hopefully Atmos capabilities leveraging the new ATV ?

1 Like

Only one more day!

1 Like

4K will be supported in 5.5.2 and later, and we’re working to add HDR support for 5.5.4. We’ll also likely need to tune up a few layout items once the new devices start shipping.

No idea on audio passthrough or refresh rate capabilities yet…hopefully more news tomorrow. :wink:

:smiley:

Developer Steven Troughton-Smith confirmed that the Apple TV 4K will be getting the A10X Fusion processor (same on iPad Pro) and 3GB of RAM. Being able to play 4K60 HDR (Dolby Vision or HDR10) content.

I don’t know about you guys but I’m pretty anxious for tomorrow. ?

1 Like

That’s good news. They need to use the “X” processors to include USB3, a requirement for gigabit ethernet.

1 Like

I’m buying this new Apple TV 4K first week it gets available and gonna be testing with Infuse right away. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m guessing no Atmos, just from leaked screenshots showing the normal audio that’s already there. I’d love Atmos support though, so I’m holding out hope.

1 Like

Today is the Day :slight_smile:
I have sold my 4 th gen ATV.
I miss it very much :slight_smile:
4K HDR + Good passthrough +gigabit ethernet + Auto frame rate adj. are enough for me…
I Will buy ATV 5 only for using infuse :slight_smile:

1 Like

We will have to see. If they are going with Dolby Vision, they might pair it with Dolby Atmos. I think Apple and Dolby have a good relationship. DTS-X on the other hand is definitely only a maybe.

1 Like

Well here it is…

1 Like

Announced! Apple TV 4K
4K with HDR 10 and Dolby Vision

1 Like

A10X - 2x CPU, 4x GPU

1 Like

It’s a monster. Imagine the gaming capabilities this thing will have. Imagine Infuse. ???

1 Like

$179. Order Sept 15. Ships Sept 22

1 Like

Order on 9/15, shipping on 9/22.

This may be the longest 10 days ever. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What was the capacities?
32gb 64gb?

32 $179
64 $199

With these infos, can we understand that is there Auto frame rate adj (24fps) or not?

Nothing showing that yet.