Suttering with playback

Hi, I am a recent ATVflash user. I didn’t even bother setting up my unit stock, I went straight to the ATVflash.

I bought an external 2 TB Western Digital HD…

I started uploading movies to it…watching them, having a good time!

Well, the other day I uploaded some movies…and suddenly the Appletv would not boot…just stayed with the apple screen. I tried resetting it, nothing. I then unplugged the HD…and it started up fine. So I updated the software…still did it. If I plugged the HD in after it was booted up it would not see it…so I plugged the HD into my computer, sure enough, it was there with all the movies…

At this point the only thing I had done since it was working perfectly the night before was upload some movies…so, using my laptop I deleted everything I uploaded(I did notice a lot of these movies were in 2 avi, so dunno if that was the glitch) that day…plugged it in and it works again…but, now I am getting a stutter while watching movies, even the most basic 750 mb AVI files…I turned off the h264, didn’t see to do anything…the stuttering seems to be following any video type and its not just videos done by me, but every video I play…

Is my HD bad? Am I doing something wrong? IS there a setting I should check? Should I buy a higher end HD? The WD one I got gets pretty good ratings and others seem to be using just find for media playback…I was hoping to buy a couple more of these so I could have a massive library…

Any ideas?

Later EddieO

It could be a defective USB cable. We’ve noticed that replacing the cable can improve playback.