Support SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Luxe

Hi,

I’m having problems with adding files to Infuse 7 from the Sandisk iXpand Flash Drive Luxe (the swivel body with a lightning and USB-C connector). Attempting to add files via the ‘Files’ section in Add Files is fruitless as the iXpand drive does not appear in the files section, despite it appearing if I lauch the Files app. I have also tried the Edit Sidebar option, but still no dice.

Is there another way I should be adding in files or is my version of he iXpand not supported?

Thanks.

2 Likes

SanDisk is current awaiting approval from Apple for this device to be included in the MFi program.

Once this is done we’ll be able to add support for it in Infuse.

2 Likes

Any news on this? I bought a SanDisk iXpand Luxe recently and it’s not supported by the latest Infuse 7 on iOS in my testing.

1 Like

What iOS device/model?

1 Like

This thread is still tagged as pending so I assume that Sandisk is still awaiting approval.

Tested on iPad Air 2 and iPhone XS. Seems like they put it on sale a bit early:)

No word yet, but I’ve just sent SanDIsk a note to follow-up and check the status.

2 Likes

Hi is there any update on this?
I’m running an iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 15.1 and I’m unable to see the Luxe in Infuse.

We’re still waiting on SanDisk for this.

I’ve just sent them another follow-up. :crossed_fingers:

Any news by SanDisk?

Nothing new to report yet. :slightly_frowning_face:

James. How about iXPand Flash Drive Flip support on Infuse?

any new on this? i just got it and it doesnt work on my iphone 13 mini but the usb c works on my ipad mini 6th gen. kinda sucks. i got it for the multi purpose but looks like it might not be worth it in the end

No news yet, but I’ve just sent another follow up.

I’ve tried both a iXpand Luxe and Flip drive. They are both not detected. As the issue is present for almost a year now, can we assume that SanDisk has given up support for 3rd party apps?

I can’t speak to what plans SanDisk has for 3rd party devs, but I get the sense there are many moving parts in rolling out access here, so that is why it is taking so long.

I will post here with any updates we get from them.

So for my understanding the iXpand Luxe doesn’t work on iPhones but works on iPad’s? For example, I have a iPad Air 2020. Would it work on that device?

I would not count on it working for anything yet. It’s still pending in the thread title and there haven’t been any updates.

I’d keep an eye out on this thread and wait till Firecore has got the necessary info in from Sandisk and have made the needed changes.

Copy that then I will hold off buying one, thanks bro!

1 Like

You can use the iXpand Drive Luxe/Flip (like any USB Drive) on any iOS device with USB C Connector. The dedicated iXpand Support is only needed for the Lighting connector.