Support new Apple TV (2021) remote

Just an update to this information, because I joined beta-testing lately:
The support for new AppleTV remote seems to have moved to 7.0.6.

The Upcoming Features thread referenced above has been updated.

Next suggestion for 2021 SiriiRemote:

• tap on outer circle move sursor to left/right/up/down (same asi click)
  • swipe left/right/ will in list of movies will skip to previous/next row, when cursor is on start/end of row
  • swipe up/down on start/end of list will skip to end/start of list

Hi,

Do we know when the new Apple Tv Remove will be fully supported ?
We can’t use the ring to scroll forward/backwards, the touch ring acts like the touch surface on the previous remote.

I searched before posting, sorry if this was asked previously.

I moved your post to a currently running suggestion for this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Also, note that currently this suggestion is marked as in-progress. :wink:

new version 7.0.5 and still no support for the new remote. Any ETA when this will be the case?

There were a lot of other improvements for 7.0.5 and it didn’t make it. Looks like it is coming up for 7.0.6 though.

looks like the developer´s focus lies on other improvements and this has no priority. ok… I´ll reconsider my priority on not renewing my subscription. Oh wait - maybe it´s in version 7.0.6 - oh no i think, it won´t make it. Maybe in version 7.0.7… 7.0.8…

Yeah maybe they will push it out indefinitely or maybe the developers are targeting larger user base improvements at the moment and things they have been working on longer than they have had the new remote. There are still many high profile apps, including YouTube, that don’t fully supports this new remote control.

at least the “high profile apps” like YouTube, Netflix and so on support the simple task of skipping 10 sec back/forward

This is currently in progress.

In general, we’re able to work on a number of things in parallel and the changes in 7.0.5 were simply ready to go before this was ready.

Thanks for your patience.

I see the low-level UI navigation stuff like legs….without them we can’t get anywhere.
Should always make sure the simplest but most effective features remain priority #1. If finding stuff is too hard, most people just move on.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

I´m absolutely with you - couldn´t have said it better

Today’s 7.0.6 update adds support for the new 2021 Apple TV remotes. This includes support for jog wheel scrubbing and improved 10s skip.

Jog wheel scrubbing can also be used on the original Siri remote too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok, thx for the update. Although I´m a little disappointed how it works: you have to rest your finger on the scrub wheel until the “10sec” icon shows up and then you can click right to skip forward 10 seconds… a little unintuitive.
I would prefer it like every other app does it: you click left or right and it skips 10 seconds back or forth.
If you do that in Infuse nothing happens (except the controls appear but no skipping)

2 Likes

The jog wheel support is woeful I’m afraid. For some reason I have to rest my thumb on the wheel for a second or two and then only sometimes the little round jog icon will appear and I can use it like you’d expect. Most times it refuses to work and is treated like a touch pad, so when touch is moving left to right the play head will go forward, but soon as it’s going right to left the play head will reverse.

Agreed. Let’s not change that behavior.

I can understand (not like) the hold for scroll wheel to be consistent and it is a new feature.

Thanks for the feedback. We can look into this.

The process for activating the jog wheel feature isn’t particularly intuitive, but the flow in Infuse mirrors that of Apple’s apps. This video may help.

The 10 seconds skip seems to work exactly as before the update