Support for shows with air-dates in filenames (vs. season/episode numbers)?

Hi,

I’m a new user and new to the forum. First off… what a great app! Thank you! For years I’ve had a Mac mini attached to my TV running XBMC/Kodi, and now is the first time I feel I can make a comparable transition to the AppleTV.

I tried searching for these questions prior, but only found an unanswered post.

1. I notice Infuse has trouble identifying shows which have filenames with dates rather than sXXeXX formats (e.g. The.Daily.Show.2016.07.22 or Stephen.Colbert.2016.07.22). Is this a feature being worked on?

2. Some folders didn’t get detected as containing a known show in the first pass and I had to go to a file, hit edit, and tell Infuse what show it was. Once I did that, that file and other files of the naming scheme got recognized and ordered in season groups with the appropriate season poster icons. However the folder containing the show never got the show’s poster icon attached to it (the poster appears in the Library view, but not the Favorite Folder view). It’s a minor annoyance, but now I have a number of folders in my library that have seasons and shows inside them, but have a regular folder icon for the show folder.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Bump

I would really appreciate an answer to #1 above, even just the hear if it’s not supported. Interestingly, when I edit metadeta for one of the unrecognized files, I can’t seem to search for either The Daily Show or The Late Show with Stephen Colbert… I thought the metadata is retrived from thetvdb.org, and both shows are listed there.

TV series names with a date is currently not supported … Therefore your current file names do not conform to the expected format for a TV series and will assumed to be a movie and will be looking instead at themoviedb.com.

If you changed it to conform to the expected TV series format such as The Daily Show S21E134.mkv then it will be correctly identified as a TV series and attempt to look up the metadata from thetvdb.com