Support for Google TV?

Is it planned, in flight, etc?

Probably going to be adding one to my house early next year and hoping to have a unified media experience across my devices.

Looks like Plex is supporting it already, to some degree, hoping y’all have something in the works.

1 Like

You can follow what’s on the horizon here

Always appreciate the updates y’all do, but your response didn’t address the question…at all.

Are you working on a release that will support GoogleTV?

If it’s not in that upcoming release post then it’s probably not in the works. That post is what’s available for upcoming features.

If I had to guess, I’d say it’s probably unlikely since dealing with that would require DRM tools that aren’t currently incorporated in Infuse.

Infuse is hands down the best tool for multiserver Plex support. You guys do a great job of displaying and merging the media. One thing that is holding to back is the need for Apple products like apple tv and the expense that comes with that. You pricing model is amazing and I wouldn’t even blink at paying for it if I didn’t have to purchase Apple products to use the service. Google TV offers a very smooth and inexpensive experience and I would love if infuse was available. I’d have it on every TV in my house. That or you guys should offer your only hardware that only have your app on it and was better priced than $130/$150 Apple TV.

I moved your post to an already running suggestion for this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink: