Summary of Dolby Vision Support status

Please provide an all in one summary for the state of DV support, break down by different profiles, platforms, etc.

For example, I should be able to read the summary and determine if the following is supported by Infuse, and on which platform.

4K UHD blu-ray HYBRID DV REMUX, added the WEB DV metadata, and converted to Dolby Vision Profile 8 Level 6

1 Like

Second this. I actually asked for this myself.

Infuse supports the following DoVi profiles.

• All Profile 5 will play in DoVi
  • All Profile 7 will fall back to HDR
  • Most Profile 8 will play in Dovi (use Speedy’s script if you have files which are falling back to HDR)

Note: To ensure DoVi works as expected, it will require properly formed files and a device which supports DoVi.

5 Likes

This table is insanely detailed helpful

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1jBIGF8XTVi9VmDBZ8a5hEyongYMCDlUiLHU9n1f_S74/htmlview#

1 Like

How is it that chart neither mentions the 9th gen iPad nor any AppleTV?

So I’m stuck at work so haven’t been able to test but rumours abound that Apple are supporting Dolby Vision 8.1 natively :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And before anyone reads or asks.

Nope no pass through.

2 Likes

I did read that (elsewhere), and also this bit

There will also be an Enhance Dialogue mode, which will reportedly allow for clearer speech over explosions and other loud sound effects […] the process involves separating dialogue from the background noise, moving it forward to the centre channel.

… which had me thinking “sweet!” for about as long as it took me to get to the part where it said that Apple won’t enable it unless you have a HomePod 2 (because clearly all other speakers just aren’t advanced enough).

1 Like

It seems that profile 7 is the biggest problem.

Anything ripped from the disk will not play in DV, unless it’s a hybrid REMUX injected with web-dl DV metadata.

1 Like

So happy I have a pair of HomePod 2’s then :laughing:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
(Cries in sound bar)

Yeah. I see this in Apple’s press release

• Dolby Vision 8.1 support, which offers Apple TV 4K users a more cinematic visual experience with dynamic metadata over a broader range of movies and TV shows.
2 Likes

Yep all the work that @James and the guys put into it over the last few months as well. :sob:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.