Sudden Buffering Issues With Infuse 6.3.1

I am suddenly having buffering issues just tonight. I tested my internet connection and it’s fine, my Ethernet cables are less than a year old and top quality. Something is wrong with this latest update. I’m not having buffering issues on Plex.

You can still do the test I asked for and when you do that we can have a better idea of where to start.

I’ve had this issue recently too, restarting the appletv solved it for me.

Same here since 6.3.1. Plex library update is now faster, but randomly while watching something it buffers. Restarting Apple TV 4K fixes the issue.

Plex app of course still works without issue, but 6.3.1 is buffering randomly. Speed tests to shares are still in tact and fast over ethernet. Nothing else changed for me since the last update. Changing streaming cache from auto to legacy also does not fix the issue until the ATV is restarted.

If this happens again, would you mind sending in a quick report from your Apple TV (Infuse > Settings > Submit Diagnostics) and post the 5 digit code you see?

Just happened. Code is. C2G3B

I’m still having this issue too, is there any progress on resolving this issue?

Don’t know if you saw it or not but on Friday James had requested that if it happened again to send in a diagnostics report and post the code here and since that person didn’t respond until late Friday evening and it’s just Monday I wouldn’t expect them to be real active on the weekend. Maybe you could do the same and run the diagnostics and post the code right after you see the problems. It couldn’t hurt. :slight_smile: