Subtitle frame pause for AppleTV infuse 7

just want to mention to anyone interested in subs, that the latest TVOS update seems to have done something that has greatly improved how subtitles work in infuse.
It seems the skipping issue is mostly gone, and now happens very infrequently!

1 Like

I just did a test with the old cache system, and hereā€™s what it gave, we can clearly see that 1 image is missing,
(I had a lot of apple tv 4k, the test is carried out on another recent model)

I noticed one thing, the problem is very complicated to reproduce if we watch the film from the beginning without going fast, itā€™s incomprehensible

hello
there is a big stutter at the first appearance subtitle (PGS or SRT , 1080P or 4K ), the following subtitles will not have any problem, if we move back the video, the problem will not appear. to reproduce the problem again you have to restart the tv apple,

the problem has existed for months :frowning:

(apple tv 4k) any infused version, and any tvos version

(sorry for english)

Mrmc
same problemā€¦

Yes! This must be the same problem Iā€™m having. The video sometimes stutter at the exact moment a new segment of the subtitles is shown. Not every time, but sometimes. I have been investigating this with James/FireCore for a few weeks but they canā€™t reproduce it which makes it impossible to fixā€¦ itā€™s driving me nuts, I canā€™t enjoy anything I watch anymore.

The problem doesnā€™t seem to affect Blu-ray rips with embedded subtitles?

Thatā€™s interestingā€¦ I havenā€™t seen this issue with any other apps, but Iā€™m not using MrMc. The problem definitely isnā€™t present on all the streaming apps, like Netflix, Amazon, YouTube and so on.

Are you still seeing this in the current 6.3.5 version?

hello

Yes ,

I test on a small file of 3,5 gigas 1080p with srt FR (vivarium), translation of the panel around 8:40,
there is a car passing which allows to see the stuttering

Infuse 7.3 is now available and includes a number of improvements in this area which should resolve any remaining issues here.

I just tested, a subtitle appears after about 1 minute, and the problem still exists, an image is missing when the subtitle appears

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.