Recently I set up a proxy with Surge for streaming contents in my google drive because google is blocked in this country and everything works perfectly on IOS infuse. But on my MBP(M1), with the same Surge config file under the same internet connection, Infuse can successfully fetch and update metadata but not able to play it by returning a loading error.
FYI, MacOS infuse works perfectly without proxy before I moved to this country.
It’s quite possible that it’s not going through your proxy when streaming media. You should be able to see what’s going on in surge log files to see if that’s the case. If the log files aren’t verbose enough you can monitor your connection by grabbing a TCP packet capture using something like wireshark and posting it here.