Streaming from NAS drive

Hi, I have a Buffalo workststion NAS attched to my router

The Media player and XMBC see it fine and I can choose the films, but it buffers all the time…

With XMBC you can see it buffering, with a little icon in the corner but nothing with media player apart from getting stuck

My files are only 720 and around 1.2Gb each, MP4’s

Has anybody got else got a NAS drive working with media player or XMBC?

If so what’s your secret?

All help appreciated

Cheers

Richard

Ok If anyone is interested I have got this set up to work

I was going to change my router as I only have a SKY standard box, but thought it was worth checking out the Linkstation settings again

There is something on there called Jumbo Frames, it is set to standard and you have different options.

It claims that it will only make a difference If your media player supports it, well I changed it to the top one something like 94000 and the buffering stopped…

So finally I have a files playing SMB over a NAS through wifi on my apple TV 2 through Media player…

I now think I could work for NASA as that must be easier…

Hope this may help people having any similar issues

R

Hi Richard, thanks for posting this as I am considering using a NAS and it is encouraging to know that XMBC can handle it! Thanks once again for taking the time to post this.

Cheers,

Drew

I have my atv2 streaming from nas without issue but sometime it happens in minor only. for xbmc, I seem to have issue with player crashed as soon as I start a movie but everything is fine now after following Quinn step of nightly build for xbmc. For atv flash media player. it has issue with memory and my advice is not to use for the moment.

I have my atv2 steaming movies from dns-323(dlink) and nas200 for music and everything is working fine. I also had tested with wifi vs wired. Eventhough, atv2 has 5.0ghz N and in theory, it should be faster than 100mbs port but it is not the case. I don’t know why but the speed is 4.0mbs when using ssh. On wired, it obtained a constant speed of 5.5mbs.

i’m streaming wireless from a seagate freeagent go flex home (1tb).

im using xbmc and streaming my mkvs (about 5gb) over ftp (smb, upnp didn´t work)

mediaplayer doesn´s work for me either :frowning:

Same here. I have a Simpletech NAS with original firmware (I’ll try the hacked just to see if there is any difference) and as soon as I start playing any file it stops and goes back to the media folder.

XBMC instead seems to work fine.

I think that Beta5 was working better on some of the files.

Hi I HAVE PURCHASE UR PRODUCT AND ALSO i MADE THE UPDATE TO BETA6 REV.   BUT i DONT KNOW WHY I DIDDNT GET NAS TV, ALSO THERE ANY METHOD I CAN GET HULU NETWORK HERE???tHANKS