Stream to DLNA devices

Please make it happen and I will buy a life long license.

It’s way worse than that…

Never mind trying to deal with what software version the tv is using ( latest android tv, last years, several years ago as the tv manufacturer can’t be bothered/ intersted in supplying updates…) you have the issue of what mediocre processor and shonky media player each Tv manufacturer decided to bung in their tv just so they could claim it to be ‘smart’.

I’ve the lovely Sony A8f OLED tv and even this, from the top of the range, has very weak processingpower for their smart tv functions, check out some reviews and read about slow menu respons etc… I briefly tried it, and quickly ditched it for my Apple Tv4k ( plus you can turn off all and any wifi to your tv… there are some highly dubious settings/messages about tracking/advertising deep in the Sony setup menus…)

And all these problems would come back and be laid at Firecore’s door to be dealt with, when it’s due to inadequate hardware/software of the tv with virtually non-exisitent tv oem support ( whereas Apple tv etc cana and does receive updates and fixes).

Try the ArkMCPro app or iPlayTo with your Sony TV and let me know how you feel after. Those apps work GREAT with my 6 years old LG Smart TV only down side is that those apps don’t show metadata (movie posters, synopsis and so on) like Infuse.

Once this feature is done, Infuse will be one of the best Apps ever !!!

Please guys, let this stuff works.

Are there any news about this feature? It would much welcomed if Infuse could cast directly to TV’s, using DLNA for example.

You can see all of the new features that are in the development hopper currently here Upcoming Features (updated 2/23/21)

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately this request is not on the works, as far as I could understand.

Hi @mozbius, thanks for replying but looking into the link you mentioned, I’m not able to see any info about DLNA on TVs.
Is this feature going to be available on Infuse 6?

Regards,
ChIvI

I guess you are referring to @enchsined post…
Here is a screenshot that should shed some light over DLNA compatibility.

https://firecore.com/sites/default/files/upload/image_18.png

Hi buddy,

I tagged you in my last post wrongly.

Anyway, like you, I am looking forward to casting video from my iPad to my brand new LG 65UK6400PLF.
According to LG web, WebOS has DLNA so it should work.

I do not have a PRO version yet as still waiting to know if this feature is working properly so I cannot try it on my own.
Once I know this, I will get the Premium account.

Cheers,

Hey,
it would be amazing if you could not only stream content through AirPlay or Chromecast, but also through normal DLNA. I would love to be able to stream content from my NAS directly to my Samsung TV.

+1 for me. IMHO this the only feature Infuse is lacking. Other similar iOS apps (e.g. ArkMC) discover connected TVs and allow direct casting to those. This is a huge plus over casting through ChromeCast (CC), which relies on WiFi and doesn’t do digital audio all that well, in my experience. For instance, ArkMC discovers my Synology DLNA server as well as my LAN-wired Samsung TV and allows me to cast from one to the other flawlessly, without having to circuit through CC or AirPlay. I have 20+GB MKV BD rips (that I wouldn’t dream to be able to cast through CC) that are delivered flawlessly to the TVs built-in media player, with selectable subtitles and available DTS/DD audio (which my TV supports natively, so I suppose other’s mileage may vary). Right now, I rely on Infuse to watch media offline on my phone while at the gym or flying (which it does great). However, I would love to forego ArkMC and make Infuse my de facto app at home to browse through my DLNA library and direct cast to my TV.

1 Like

I am fully in Support for such a request. Would be great to have that added. I would have on source app doesn’t matter if I want to watch the Content on my iPad or on my Panasonic.

regards
prmusic

Me too. But only if the cast towards the tv include not only the video and audio but also the subs. And hopefully without the limitation on the media file that the chromecast and atv have.
Bye

That feature would be really great! I hope the developers will implement it…

1+

Still no support for direct casting to Smart TVs that support it?!?! How hard can this be to implement considering that so many apps (MCPlayer, ArkMC, Play2TV, iPlayTo, Allshare, TV Assist to name a few) do support casting to DLNA devices / Smart TVs?!?

Has there been any further update getting support for Smart TVs. I am keen to move to Infuse from Plex, but without the App support it doesn’t make sense to move yet.

Nop. At least not as far as I am aware. You are better off using Plex right now for casting to your smart tv bypassing an Apple TV or Android box.

I’ve read that Infuse supports DNLA streaming and so does the Xbox One, but for some reason I can’t manage to stream the videos I have on my iPad (in the Infuse app) to my Xbox One.

Wouldn’t it be cool to enable this feature in the future? Image: you’re watching an episode on your iPad and with one touch of a button, it continues on your TV.

If this is already possible and I’m just not looking on the right place, I would be happy to hear that too :slight_smile: