Strange Artwork

Hi Folks. It’s me again.

I really love Infuse for its simplicity and reliability.
I am using it for years now on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.

But recently I do have some issues and strange behavior.

Currently, when fetching metadata for new movies, sometimes Infuse catches posters in foreign languages.

I know, I could save poster and fanart jpegs manually, but I don’t want to so that for > than 6000 movie files.

Is there any way to correct that in an “easy” way?

-remo

What are the language settings you have set in Infuse for metadata and do you have some specific examples of which movies are returning the wrong posters?

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Set all to GERMAN … for years now.

Some German titles are:
Numbers Station
Gans im Glück
Bo und der Weihnachtsstern
Gnomeo und Julia

For the animated movies I get something like Spanish. Sometimes I get something like Russian.

Sometimes it’s the poster that does not match, sometimes it’s the fanart.

Remo

It appears that as an example, your first problem movie “The Numbers Station” has no Russian poster The Numbers Station (2013) - Posters — The Movie Database (TMDb)

Gnomeo & Juliet has no German specific backdrops Gnomeo & Juliet (2011) - Backdrops — The Movie Database (TMDb)

You can look at themoviedb for each and see what posters they have and what fan art they have and if you join, you can help make corrections and additions so it has the artwork you want.

I’m guessing that you are seeing what they have available and if no German then I’m guessing they default to the top choice.

Thank you!
So no Infuse issue!

Can be closed.

Hello again.

I have to re-open that post.

I am getting more and more confused.

I had to re-create my entire Infuse library (>6k movies).
Now I’m struggling with poster and fanart pics.
About the half is fetching Bulgarian, Portuguese and even Cantonese posters and fanarts!

For some movie titles there isn’t even an English poster or fanart. Some movies doesn’t have any fanart at all!

I know, you’re not responsible for TMDB’s content. But do you have any connections to them? I also wrote some mails - no answer yet.

I searched the forum for hours and couldn’t find anything but “we’re under maintenance” …

Where are all the German posters and fanarts gone?

Please help me - that’s absolutely frustrating.

Downloading images manually isn’t an option.

Remo

C’mon guys …
Please gimme some help!

I can understand how it’d be frustrating but I’m pretty sure your best option is to work with TMDB and pose these questions there too. They are in the position to bring back artwork that may have been archived or misplaced. If you join their site you can add posters (as long as you follow their guidelines) and it will then be available to Infuse.

If you haven’t yet, join their site and then ask in their “Support Forum” TMDb Talk — The Movie Database (TMDb) I’d say go to the “website support” sub which you can select on the left side of the page and post telling them that many of the posters have disappeared and you’d like to know how to get those back in the language you want.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: