Still not working

I’m wireless (Airport Extreme Base Station N).

I’m sorry, are you saying you are averaging from “4.8 Mb/s cable===>12.4 Mb/s” on your wireless? Or that on wireless you get 4.8 but wired you get 12.4?

And no, I’m not getting 5.1 with the Nito Player. Also, no alternate audio channels, no subtitles, and aspect ratio problems I haven’t figured out yet (trying to work through Awkward TV’s wiki).

4.8 Mb/s wireless===>12.4 Mb/s" cable
And i’ve got the same issues with NitoTv

Latest info:

Sapphire successfully pulled the cover art (a choice of four!) for Citizen Kane, so maybe IMDB’s entry for Cleopatra was the prob and not Sapphire at all. (?)

Also, I was able to boost transfer speed 3-5 hundred KB/sec by using the Airport Utility’s Manual/Advanced setting to alter IPV6 from “Tunnel” to “Local-link only.” Now getting roughly 4.5 MB/sec

So, some progress.

I also downloaded 10.4.10 combo to the Document folder (tranferred via Cyberduck) and ran the Nito Settings installer. The log said it was successful. I had to manually reboot though and most importantly until I turned off the Safe Startup Display switch in the Nito Settings my computer would reboot into 480i which I would reset to 720p AND a watermark (?!) (green sort of bulls eye) was supered over the upper right corner of any Video_TS film I tried to watch.

So, turn off the Safe Startup (unless you’ll be plugging Apple TV into an old TV) and Reboot your apple TV and you should be okay. (Bulls eye gone too.)

I was hoping that the install of the 10.4.10 combo would make the DVD framework thing available, but I don’t as yet see what it’s doing, functionally…

More later…

OOOPS! Just noticed this.

"DVDPlayback.framework does not (and possibly will not ever) work in 2.x, only mplayer with libdvdnav for now (VLC has been considered and may be reconsidered in the future) " from AwkwardTV wiki http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/NitoTV_Take_2

So, no wonder I don’t see anything happening.

Somebody, bring on VLC!