still getting "this device isn't eligible for the requested build"

I have the latest versions of itunes and seas0npass and i still get this message in Itunes when it is trying to verify restore with apple. Any suggestions?

try adjusting your hosts file as described here: http://forum.firecore.com/topic/4328

make sure you have itunes open aswell as Tiny Umbrella. Worked for me.

yes, this worked for me as well, now I’m getting a 1600 error just at the end of the process when it says “restoring apple tv firmware”

from what i read. just go ahead and start up the ATV it is jailbroken. Have you checked the ATV?

yeah the ATV freezes when I do this and wont go back to normal unless i restore it the regular way

I found this helpful listing of error codes.  check out http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error3194

??? - are you on the latest version of iTunes?

Hello

I had the same problem, TinyUmbrella doesn’t olved the Problem and made it even worser. A lot of testing give the following warkaround.

1. not open tinyumrella in the fuutre

2. change the following line in the host file “74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com” in “#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

3. repair the access privelegies with Disk-Utiliy

4. Put the APTV2 in DFU Mode with PWNage Tool

5. Restore the customiued .ipsw file with iTunes

I which you all a lot of luck!

Gérard

Same prob here. How and where do i find the host file?

Located ist this file in a hidden area

in the Menu “Go to Folder” /private/etc/

To correct

Open Terminal and paste in sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts (Hit return and type in your admin password)

The 5th Menu Right from the Apple Logo

The the Pulldown Mune in the Bottiom “Go to Folder”

PLS. RTFM?

The 5th Menu Right from the Apple Logo

The the Pulldown Mune in the Bottiom “Go to Folder”

PLS. RTFM?

if you unplug both the usb and power plug for a few mins. restore will work fine. I tried this numerous times without giving it anytime and had no luck. once i unplug usb/power worked perfect.

I had the same problem when tried to jailbrake from my macmini server so I gave up and used my MBP instead and there was no problem at all , so I guess most problems are caused by security settings