Staight to menu - DVD - Can't play in English

Hi,

I use k9copy to rip entire dvd’s to my appletv. I do this because I like the extras etc.

Since the latest update I no longer get the dvd menu but instead the movie starts immediately so does not give me the option to either select the language or anything else. I could live with this in the short term only for some reason most of my movies seem to play in french, I don’t speak french and thus leaves my dvd collection unusable.

I have gone into the Nitotv settings and switched the straight to menu on to off and vice versa several times but with no luck, it is the same if I select a movie from the files section.

Please advise me how to fix this, thanks,

Andrew

Hi there!
Quick fix would be to use the keymaps. During playback press and hold menu until the led blinks amber (2 blinks, I think). After that you can toggle audio with “up” and subs with “down” on the remote.
cheers
W

ps:
since you seem to have a lot problems with your atv, possibly you should start from scratch. Restore to factory and do the other thing we wrote about.

Thanks for the email about the other issue. I meant to send a thanks but wanted to wait until I tried what you suggested. Only now the wife has taken her mac away for a week or so, so rather than trying to use something other than the recomended mac software I will wait.

As for this problem If it’s not a known bug then sure I don’t mind starting again, I’ll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,

Reinstalling worked. Thanks for the suggestion.

good to know. Is there something like this for the subtitles too ?
I mean, like changing the audio.

think I covered this :slight_smile:

Quick fix would be to use the keymaps. During playback press and hold menu until the led blinks amber (2 blinks, I think). After that you can toggle audio with “up” and subs with “down” on the remote.

subs = subtitles