Spatial audio for AirPods Pro

Let’s go!

:flushed: waaaaaat?

Wow Great News. Great Work James Thank You !!!

Only getting stereo spatial audio on multichannel tracks.

Base on my experience, PCM5.1 6ch audio infuse is not supported now always being lag or loading the video when playing this type of audios

Just to clarify…

Spatial audio is not available yet, but will be added in the upcoming 7.2 release. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome!!! This will finally get me to jump ship to AirPods pro now! Gotta get that Spatial Audio! :smiley: i hope it works for Dolby Atmos EAC3 too!

4 Likes

Costco has them for $169 right now :grin:

Very excited about this. Been using spatial audio so much recently via Plex, few niggles in that so excited to get it working

I‘m on the newest Apple TV 4K with the tvOS 15 and when I pair my AirPods Max and turn on spatial audio in Infuse or even with shows from Apple TV+ I still get sync issues that some posters described before.

Am I the only one experiencing it? As soon as spatial audio is turned off the audio & video are perfectly in sync so I assume it can only be Apple‘s fault? But that wouks be a pretty big bug in the release version and render the feature unusable.

Mid / Late Sep. What’s current planning date for 7.2?

Plex must call native apple player (they called old video player),and it supported video encoder is limited. For case, your downloaded video is encoded with non - supported codec, it will transcode at server side. which need a very powerful computer.

Looking forward to see Infuse solution on this…

If you have an iPhone you might want to give the Wireless Audio Sync feature on the ATV a try. I’m trying to get my hands on an iPhone so I can test it out.

Thanks for the tip with the iPhone syncing mechanism in the settings. I didn’t know that.

What ultimately seems to have solved the problem is a setting inside Apple TV called match framerate. Once I turned this off the (spatial) audio was perfectly in sync again with the picture.

A post on Reddit on the feature

Curious, what TV do you have? I haven’t played around with spatial audio since one of the betas in the summer, but the match framerate setting never did much for my setup.

No sync issue with spatial audio on my Apple TV 4K (2021) running tvOS 15. And I use march framerate and match dynamic range. On a 2018 LG OLED.

You never had to run the wireless audio sync either?

I actually did run the wireless audio sync as well but that alone didn’t fix the problem. I think it must be some weird bug in combination with the LG OLED.

Awesome news, really looking forward to this! Can you already share if there are special requirements (in terms of codec, channels etc.) to get Spatial Audio?

No special requirements. :slight_smile:

The upcoming 7.2 release will support spatial audio for all audio formats and channel layouts. Of course, videos with multichannel audio tracks are going to have more immersive sound than those with just stereo/mono tracks.

3 Likes