Sorting options for Emby, Jellyfin, and Plex

The emby direct mode cannot filter and sort. Currently, the series can only be displayed according to the time of adding episodes in emby. The series cannot be sorted according to the release time

12 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue.

1 Like

Same here. Using Plex, not Emby. However there’s no sorting options on iOS.

plex资源,无法按照发行日期排序

Mod Edit for Translation

plex resources, cannot be sorted by release date

Please also post in English so that more users can benefit from your contributions. Also you may get an answer sooner from others who have had the same problem.

也请用英文发布,以便更多用户可以从您的贡献中受益。 此外,您可能会更快地从遇到同样问题的其他人那里得到答案。

Note that this thread is tagged as “in progress” which means it’s being worked on.

Don’t forget that you need to click the first post in this thread to show your support. :wink:

请注意,该线程被标记为“进行中”,这意味着它正在处理中。

不要忘记您需要单击此线程中的第一篇文章来表示您的支持。 :wink:

I submitted the same issue

Then I received a reply email mentioning that direct mode sorting options are coming soon.
this link:Upcoming Features (updated 2/16/24)

Perhaps the current direct mode does not have sorting option, but it has affected the library mode, making the sorting option of the library mode also disappear.

I hope this tag “in progress” means fixing bug,not adding direct mode’s feature.

After a recent update, there’s no way to sort the contents from a emby server in appleTV or IOS, the sort options are now missing, what happened to sort?

Additional sort options for direct browsing of media servers is in progress and will be available soon.

1 Like

James I love infuse and I’m glad this is being worked on. However, just so you’re aware I haven’t used infuse in weeks. Instead I’ve been using the native Plex app. I view most of my content by date uploaded and it’s been frustrating to suddenly lose this option. I hope that “bugs” like this will not be a regular occurrence moving forward, and that a fix is indeed coming soon. Thanks for your hard work on infuse.

1 Like

Hi, After I updated Infuse Pro to 7.7 (4729), all the content in my Library (movies, tv shows, docuseries…), is sorted alphabetically instead of by release date, which is my setting of choice.

I’ve tried switching the sorting order setting, but no changes take place; The content keeps sorted alphabetically.

I use Infuse on an Apple TV 4K with a Plex Share. The recent 7.7.2( 4781) update did not fix it.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Javier

Are you using direct mode?

Yes I am, Library mode is off.

I moved your post to a currently running thread discussing this feature. Note it’s labeled as in-progress so it should be available soon. You can follow it’s status here.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Possible ETA for when Infuse in direct mode will support sorting by date added, or alternatively for when library mode will do it?!

1 Like

Translation: May or mid-May?!

Will Multiple Filters be available in Direct Mode? For example:
Recent movies + highly rated
Highly rated + 4k
Unwatched + 1980’s

This feature is one of the oldest requests from the community, going back a decade. The usage would be widespread and has limitless use as its highly configurable with limited coding on the part of Firecore.

Most important feature in my opinion. It‘s nice, that direct mode is released already, but without this it‘s pretty useless…

We’re currently working to add robust sorting options for Emby, Jellyfin, and Plex. The list of available sorting options will vary a bit based on the server type, but the full list of options from the server will be available in Infuse.

A few visuals of how this will work are below.

9 Likes

Have we thought about how we can emulate Genre filtering?. With direct mode enabled there is no way to show “Sci-fi” movies for example easily…