Sorting of movies

Hi all,

I wonder how movies are sorted in Infuse on iPad.

I have my movies on my NAS (Synology Diskstation), connected local network.
When I browse through my movies their order is basically alphabetically by movie title, but not always. Some movies show up at a totally wrong position. This makes it basically impossible to find the movie your are looking for.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to sort the movies by file name instead?
Is there a search function? (haven’t found one…)

BTW: I use the German language version.

Best regards,
Stefan

By default, Infuse will group videos into 3 categories and arrange them alphabetically within those categories.

1. Movies
  2. TV Shows
  3. Other

There is also a sort by date option that can be enabled in the Settings menu.

Hi James,

When I go into my movies folder, I see that most movies are sorted by movie title. But sometimes a totally different title can be found in between.
Could this have something to do with my other issue? (metadata caching)

Best regards
Stefan

When I go into my movies folder, I see that most movies are sorted by movie title. But sometimes a totally different title can be found in between.
Could this have something to do with my other issue? (metadata caching)

Best regards
Stefan[/quote]
Any chance you can provide an example or two?

Another thing Infuse will do is disregard words like ‘The’ - so movies like ‘The Bourne Supremacy’ would appear under B, not T.

I think I found the reason. The problem is the German language version (my iPad runs in German).
As the iPad runs German Infuse does a lookup in the German version of TMDb and returns the German titles. Sometimes they are the same as the English ones, sometimes the title is totally different.

As you wrote, “The” (and also “a”?) are disregarded for sorting.
But the German prefixes “Der”, “Die” and “Das” (equiv. to “The”) and “Eine”/“Eine” (= “a”) are included in the sorting algorithm!
In addition: The movie covers are in English (apparently as I added the English covers to the movie files).
The result looks like a total disorder, but this “chaos” apparently can be explained… :slight_smile:

To resolve this:

• is there a way to switch Infuse to English on an iPad running German?
  • or, is there a way to tell Infuse to look for English titles in TMDb, regardless of the language of Infuse? (I prefer the English versions of movies most of the times anyway)
  • in a non-English version of Infuse the sorting algorithm should be adapted to the corresponding language (i.e. for German omit “Der”, “Die”, “Das”, “Ein”, “Eine” etc. for sorting). This will create a problem with “Die hard” though… :slight_smile:

I would love to keep the English movie covers in my files, as I also use them with an Apple TV with aTV Flash running in English…

Best regards
Stefan

Yes actually.

If you jump into the Infuse Settings menu, you can manually set a language for metadata, audio, and subtitles. These are all set to Auto by default (to match the language settings in iOS).

After changing the language setting, you will need to refresh metadata for the affected files - or just use the ‘Clear Metadata’ option in the Settings menu to refetch everything.

James, you just made my day!
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Stefan