"Sort by date" is quite useless

I want my movies and shows being sorted by date. So I can see at a first glance what was recently added to emby server. But if I use this view, Seasons from shows are totally mixed.
Wouldn’t it make way more sense keeping seasons and episode being sorted by names, even if you enable sort by names?

If you’re browsing via folders and enable sort by date for TV shows, then some seasons may appear ahead of others. It just depends on which episodes were added and when.

Have you tried browsing via Library for your TV shows? Using this should should allow you to achieve the result you are after, as everything will remain grouped by series.

uhm sorry. What exaclty is the difference between “browsing via folders” and “browsing via library”? (I’m using Infuse as Emby client).

Which device are you using?

On Apple TV, browsing (direct) via folders is done via the orange star icons or the purple server icon. The Library can be accessed through the orange Library icon, or the Blue, Pink, and Green category icons.

On iOS/macOS, browsing via folders is done though the Files tab. Library can be used via the Home Screen or the Library tabs.

so I made sure browsing via library. But if I enter e.g. Breaking Bad, the seasons are listed in this order:
Season 2
Season 1
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5

Maybe this issue is isolated to the Emby client?

So I guess it’s technically working correctly. IE Season 2 has item(s) which were added most recently, and then Season 1, then Season 3, etc…

However, I think I understand what you are looking for in that you’d like to see the main series items ordered by recently added, but then have each season ordered normally inside. Is that correct?

Hi,

I also have the same behaviour as @horstepipe .

However, I think I understand what you are looking for in that you’d like to see the main series items >ordered by recently added, but then have each season ordered normally inside. Is that correct?

Yup, thats correct. :slight_smile:

yes exactly.
At least I do not see any reason why would one to be seasons / episodes being sorted by date, too.