I open this topic to suggest some modifications of the Infuse macOS interface.
First, I noticed 2 bugs :
- “En cours” menu: why, there are only TV series and neither movies nor videos as for “Recently added”?
- “Series TV ajoutées récemment” home screen limited to 4 maximum (for comparison, recent films limit to 30)?
Some suggestions to improve the interface :
- Allow horizontal scrolling on the first row of the home screen (like on tvOS)
- Split this row of the home screen into 2 (as for the tvOS app): “Continue to watch” with just 2 or 3 media and “Recently added” with ~ 10 media
- For the “Autres” menu (renamed “Videos” for me) : change the thumbnail format to display a 16/9 format. In general, these videos do not have an official cover (personal or YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo …). I’ve made the same suggestion for tvOS app
- Just as suggested for tvOS, modify the presentation of the information of the “media screen”
After modifications :
- Edit the title so that it is more visible.
- Move the technical informations under the title : enrich with the logos that correspond (4K, HDR10, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, etc.)
- Regarding the distribution (casting) :
- replace the icons with artist photos (from TMDB), and “Actors” by the role in the film
- Provide a link with the artist when you click on it: displays the list of films where he appears in the library
I hope you can take some inspiration from these suggestions to make Infuse even more fun than it already is.