So what about the "Sorry, the installer could not install Maintenance (Error 8.100). Help!" story??? IS THERE AN OFFICIAL FIX?

It happened again to me with the 4.0 (430.1) installer.

I do not know what to do, is there an official solution to fix that problem?

Thanks

JPG

happened to me too on latest atv flash black beta just after updating atv2 to 4.2.1

(all was working fine on 4.2)

I've just jailbreaking my Apple TV and i can't instal aTV Flash ... I have ERROR 8.100...what is the problem ? 

I've just jailbreaking my Apple TV and i can't instal aTV Flash ... I have ERROR 8.100...what is the problem ? 

JB'd my ATV2 quick and easy. then got the same error when installing ATV Flash:

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px 'Lucida Grande'} span.s1 {text-decoration: underline ; color: #0034ff}

Sorry, the installer could not install Maintenance (Error 8.100). Help!

What has everyone been doing to fix this?

Could someone please provide a fix for this? The AppleTV is brand new out the box and the install fails for something I've paid for. Why was I not told it cannot be installed on the new AppleTV before purchase?

We just released an updated (Beta4) installer which should resolve the 8.100 issues some users are seeing.

You can grab the latest version through the Downloads tab in your account.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Sorry for the trouble.

HI,

Thank you for that.

Apparently it is still the 4.0 (430.1) installer? I tried yesterday and it was not working.

Have u changed something?

Thanks

Yes, there was a new version released this morning.

New version worked for me, at last, much relieved after a few days of banging my head!

Given all the gripping and complaints I've had to sift through to find this update ("fix this now(!). Why did I buy this??... blah blah") - I thought it worthwhile thanking firecore team for getting this resolved pretty quickly.

Everyone should also be reminded to look at the package name '.... Beta'

Firecore team - love the product, thanks for resolving, keep up the good work.

I explained this already by Beta 3 ... see below!!!

7) The installation will stop with "*** Installation Failed. Sorry, the installer could not install. Maintenance (Error 8.100)" Don't worry!!!!!

18) Login into yout apple TV with ssh root@XX.XX.XX.XX (IP-Adress of your AppleTV - Password is alpine)

19) run following command there

apt-get install --reinstall com.firecore.maintenance

20) logout

21) reboot your AppleTV

22) Everything you want is there :-)

23) Install CouchSurfer etc. from maintenance menu :-)