SMB login no more recognized with new iMac M1

Hello

I have been using Infuse 6.6.5 for a while with my Apple TV 4 and my old iMac on High Sierra.

Recently I bought a new iMac 24" M1 and I made everything right for the sharing of my movies : in Preference Panel / Sharing I chose file sharing and the directories with my movies ; when I went to the config of Infuse, my Mac was shown in the list of servers available, I chose it and put my login name and password. But it didn’t recognize the couple of login name / password. I tried several times but it didn’t work.

I remembered I had the problem some years ago with another config, and I had to shorten my login name. So I put only my first name in my Mac, reboot it and tried again.

But it’s always locked. I tried with and without caps, I deleted Infuse app on Apple TV and downloaded again …

I’m still stuck in this.

Is someone able to help me, I don’t have more ideas ?

Can you show a screenshot of your sharing preferences?

There are a few things to check.

1. SMB is enabled on your Mac (more info here Set up file sharing on Mac - Apple Support)
  2. At least one user is selected under ‘Windows File Sharing’ (as shown under ‘Advanced Options’ in the link above)
  3. The folders/drives you wish to share are added to the list of Shared Folders
  4. Selected username and password are being entered in Infuse

Note: iCloud username/password cannot be used. If you’re using an iCloud ID to log in to your Mac, you will need to set up a new ‘Sharing Only’ user as described here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Also, if you’ve recently installed an update for macOS, you may need to disable and then re-enable File Sharing to get it working again.

1 Like

James
thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately I checked all these before posting ! But I tried again and ticked one option I didn’t choose : SMB Windows sharing (I chose SMB sharing but not the Windows option). And it worked !!

So I’m grateful for your advices, which made me check again all the parameters and find, at least, the forgotten one.

Have a good day

2 Likes