SMB access broken after last update

Hi,
(Infuse Pro 5 on Apple TV, iPad & iPhone).
After the last update I cannot access to my shared folders any more (via SMB protocol). Any attempt ends up with ‘Error has occurred while trying to connect’ message.
The shared folders are accessible, and I can still play their contents using VLC player.

Sorry to hear about that.

We’re looking into a few reported quirks in 5.6.9. Would you mind sending in a report from your device so we can look further into your particular case?

Hi,
I managed to solve the situation by recreating the share, but using my PC’s IP address instead of its mnemonic name. After I did it, the shared folder immediately became visible again.
However, I used the name of my computer before.

Hmm, interesting.

Was Infuse able to detect this share automatically, or did you need to set it up manually?

No, I had to do it manually (after having reinstalled the app; it would probably have worked even without reinstalling the app, but did it anyway.)

Thanks for the info. :slight_smile:

There’s still a problem when using several users on one SMB-share:
I got 3 users to access different folders on my NAS. The first user I setup works fine, but any additional users just get the access to the folders of the first user and access is denied to the actual folders of that user.

Hopefully I was able to describe it intelligibly. :slight_smile:

Hmm, I may be misunderstanding you - but it sounds like you are setting up 3 different shares with different logins, that all connect to the same device. Is that right?

Exactly.

I got three folders with movies on one NAS. And I have configured three users on my NAS that each got access to only one folder. Different usernames and passwords btw.

In Infuse I set up three shares - one for each user. The first user I configure works finde. The second and third user then get access to the folder of the 1st user, but not to their dedicated folders.
It doesn’t matter which user I set up first. The first always works, the others won’t.

Before the last update (or the one before?) it worked all fine and it still works fine on our Macs and in VLC on the same iOS device. So it’s definitely an issue of Infuse.

Got it.

I don’t think this is a scenario we’ve tested, but we can definitely take a look.

Would you mind sending in a report from your device (after attempting to connect to the second share and it fails) then either post or PM me the code that is displayed?

I don’t mind, but there isn’t any error message or something like that. The second share gets stored, but using it doesn’t provide access to the right folder(s) (“access denied”), but to the folders of the first user/share.

So how exactly should I do that?

Sorry, I was stupid.

Here it is: DJXPF

Same problem. Added the Windows shared folder using the computers IP address instead of computer name. Everything seems to working.

I just updated to 5.6.10 (2015), deleted all shares and configured them again. My problem is still present. :frowning:

No change in this area yet, but if you switch the SMB version from Auto to Legacy you should be able get it working with the old implementation for now.

Yay! That works fine. Thank you! :slight_smile:

SO, JAMES, I’M STILL ANOTHER USER HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SMB…
PLEASE, SOLVE IT QUICK, THE INFUSE 6 PRO IS A TOTAL MESS, EVERYONE’S COMPLAINING ABOUT MANY STUFF…
SEEMS LIKE U USED YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS AS BETA TESTERS, ‘CAUSE INFUSE 6 PRO IS DEFINITELLY NOT READY YET…

We bought the same app, with new bugs.

Sorry your having problems. It would help if you would provide a bit more detail as to what problem you’re having and some info on what your settings for SMB are.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.