Similar to multi-criteria, I would love an editorial selection of movies based on “smart” decisions. For example:
- Movie released on that day
- Comedy (or %genre%) of the week (based on unseen comedy / %genre%)
- Must watch (random selection from the unseen TOP 50)
- Watch again (random selection from the viewed TOP 50)
- Featured collection (based for collection with unseen movie inside)
It would add some “life” with elements updating on daily and weekly basis, and invite to discover unseen movies.
Based on simple rules only, no need to get external data. And each new release could offer new “smart” rules, for more surprise