Slow Video Load on Infuse 5?

Hello everybody,

Same problem here.

Infuse 5 was slow on Apple TV with 1080p movies, so I tried with RJ45 and everything works fine. Unplugged the cable, quite Infuse, restart the Apple TV, and same problem on Wi-Fi. Plugged the cable, quit Infuse, restart the Apple TV, and everything is A-Okay again.

I think there is an issue with Wi-Fi :wink:

I file management is disabled here.

I think it is not a wifi problem, because I’ve always had my Apple TV connected with Ethernet cable, and infuse 4 is in any case faster than infuse 5

In my case, it is :wink:
Infuse 4 being faster than Infuse 5 is another problem than Infuse 5 wired (Cat 7 SFTP) being faster than Infuse 5 Wi-Fi (unusable for me, even at 3 meters from a brand new Time Capsule)

It would be nice if James could give us an update with this.

I dont have this problem. Bluray rips is loading fast. Have you typed username / password in the NAS (SMB) network settings?

Oh yes in your case the problem seems to be that :wink:

Actually infuse 5 wired faster than infuse 5 wifi is very strange…

Is infuse 4 wired faster than infuse 4 wifi? Just to understand if the problem is localized into infuse 5.

Unfortunately, I deleted Infuse 4 shortly after upgrading to version 5. I can’t tell you that.

I have the AppleTV 4 connected by ethernet to my Synology NAS.
With Infuse4 it takes less 1.2 seconds to load a movie since I click play until it starts.
With Infuse5 it takes 8.6 seconds to load a movie since I click play until it starts.

Tried the same thing over wifi and it’s the same… 1.4 for Infuse4 and 8.2 for Infuse5.

I use the same movie. BDRip 1080, h.264 codec and mkv container. 14.2Gb size.

Are both Infuse 4 and Infuse 5 connecting via the same method (E.G. SMB vs UPnP)?

In our tests here (assuming the NAS device isn’t in standby mode) we’re seeing start times of 1-2 seconds over 802.11ac Wi-Fi and 2-3 seconds over Ethernet for very large 30GB MKV files.

Using witch one ? SMB or UPnP ?

one thing I have noticed, say I loaded a ‘slow’ video, it took 10s to start playing. let it play for 1-2s, then quit, and played it again.

• if i selected "resume play’, it loaded super fast just like Pro 4, 1s only.
  • if i selected start from beginning, then it again took 10s to start playing.

Don’t know what’s happening but with every update, the app is getting slower and slower…
With the 5.0 version it takes 3-6 seconds to load a movie.
Yesterday, with the new 5.1 version it takes 10-12 seconds to load a movie. The main menus are faster but when you click “play” on a movie or tv show it takes 10 seconds to play it.
I’ve deleted the app, deleted the smb server and add it again but nothing works.

Why is the new version slower that the v4? we’ve paid a big amount for an app that works worse. I will keep using v.4 and hope v.5.2 will fix this.

any clue where the slowness came from?

Wire connected by SMB
WD My Cloud

Didn’t have this problem with Infuse pro 4.

I finally moved to Plex until any update will solve the problem, in case that they’re solving it.

I installed VLC on my Apple TV 4 and it loads MKV files quickly even if I select different chapters, very responsive. With Infuse the movie starts quick but when selecting a different chapter it takes 12-14 of those spinning circles to load the movie. I never had Infuse 4 only version 5.

I can confirm the upcoming 5.2 version includes revamped buffering which will help speed up loading times. :slight_smile:

Good news !
What’s the ETA on that version ?

Soon! We’re working hard to wrap it up, and send it Apple later this week. :wink:

Great

Thanks for keep improving the app