Slow to load and choppy 4k playback

After 7.3.5 update 4k playback takes a long time (about 1 minute) to start playing.

Once playing, several movies are just choppy and unwatchable.

Happens on both of our Apple TV 4k devices and our phones. All are on 7.3.5.

Had zero issues before the 7.3.5 update.

This is my first post so hopefully I’ve put this in the correct place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Can you try running a speed test on these videos to see what kind of speeds you are getting?

This can be done by navigating to Infuse > Settings > Shares > Share Name > Speed Test.

Hey there James,

241.25Mbps

All movies play fine using a Windows 10 PC and DVDFab Player 5 software. (Movies are stored on a Synology DS918+ NAS)

All movies played fine with Infuse on 2 Apple TV 4k devices and 2 iPhones (12 pro max and 13 pro max) before the 7.3.5 update.

All movies are in ISO format just FYI in case that makes a difference in troubleshooting.

Anything else I can test?

Still having the issue.

Thanks,

Matt Seger

There are a few playback fixes, and some big streaming related improvements coming in the 7.3.7 update.

7.3.7 should be out next week.

Sweet!

I look forward to testing it out.

Thanks for the update!

7.3.7 has been installed on the Apple TV’s and iPhones.

Looks like load times and playback issues have been fixed!

The only exception I have found is Ghostbusters Afterlife. It loads quickly now but it still has the video stuttering issue. Audio is fine. It does this on the Apple TV’s and the iPhones. I’ve played this exact movie several times before the 7.3.5 update and it was playing fine. I can play this movie with DVDFAB Player 5 software from a Windows 10 PC and it plays fine there so it’s not the movie file that’s the issue. It’s an ISO file.

I can’t upload Ghostbusters Afterlife as it’s larger than the 50Gb allowed for uploading at upload.firecore.com.

Do you guys have a copy that you can test with?

Thanks!

Matt Seger