Slow, stuttering video playback

Beta with a potential fix was sent out today. :crossed_fingers:

I’m a new user so I seem to be unable to PM you but I believe I’m having the same issue described by others in this thread and would love to try that beta.

TestFlight invite sent. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’ll report back after watching some stuff.

Today’s 7.0.7 update has a few improvements aimed at resolving one issue we’ve uncovered.

We’re still looking into at least one other case, but it’s worth updating to see how things work for you.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Welcome! Here’s how to access TestFlight

Still had problems last night after the update.

Is the issue player or network related?

I’m still having the issue too. The slowdowns seem slightly sped up, but are still happening.

yeah, but it’s happening less often and less severe.

It happens immediately after moving to a new position in playback too.

I’m currently having this issue.

1080p playback via Plex share.
Latest Apple TV.
Latest tvOS.

Pausing resolves it but I’ve noticed it 3 times within a single 60min episode. Rewinding a few seconds resolves for longer period. Uninstalled app, relinked to Plex but issue persists.

I’d be happy to test via TestFlight if required.

Invite sent.

Same issue here on latest beta 2021 ATV4K. I see it on all formats now from standard mkv to big 80GB UHD files. My ftp speed test is around 940 Mbps. The video becomes ‘choppy’ and I usually have to back out and reload it. Highly annoying!

FYI, I found that for me a quick pause/resume cleared the issue (temporarily) - try it, it’s easier/faster than backing out and reloading.

Also, this seems to be resolved in the latest 7.1 beta - PM @james for an invite.

I am also still experiencing the stuttering however it is notably less frequent on the beta build.

7.0.9, with a number of playback improvements for newer devices, is now available on the App Store.

Thanks for your patience. :slight_smile:

7.0.9 seems to have resolved my 1080p video slowdowns, where video stuttered and audio kept going.I have watched several things and have not had to press pause and then play again to get it to fix itself.

2 Likes

Video playback still stutters like crazy with anything over 1080p or HDR with my 12 pro max, this is the only player that struggles to play anything demanding

I believe this thread has been pretty much targeting the ATV and the tvOS

Maybe issues with your source data or your WiFi? Have you tried deleting infuse and reinstalling? But if you are iOS 15 beta then :man_shrugging:t3: iPhone 12 will be much faster than newest Apple TV.

Unfortunately 7.0.9 hasn’t fixed the issue for me. After around 5 minutes the frame rate drops to around 10 fps and stays like that until I back out and reload the film.