Slow at showing "preview pictures"

I'll start by apologizing for my bad english :-)

I have two problems, but i'm convinced that solving one, will solve the other.

I have bought a Adata AE800, I'd like to play videos from it when we go on vacation. The plan was to drop the AE800 in the glovebox, and use it's ability to generate a wireless connection to stream movies on the our Ipad.

My videos are mainly MP4, ripped with standard presets in Handbrake, and they show up fine in Infuse, my only problem is that my kids are 3y and 2y old, and very impatient :-)

They rely on the "Pictures" for each movie, to select which movie they want to watch, but it takes quite a while for Infuse to show these images on our Ipad/iphone.

I have unchecked the "load masterdata" box in settings, but it dosen't really make any noticeable difference if it's on or off. The load time is more or less the same for a 60MB or 1½GB movie.

My second problem, is when I want to play a movie, it also takes some time for it to start playing. There's no problem when the movie plays.

With my limited knowlede, I think that it's either the connection that's too slow or there's too much information to load.

I don't need any other information on my files than the images end the filename, is there a way to remove any other information?

This is the best I can describe my problem, I might lack some information and I don't know the correct terms for "preview picture" ect. - but I hope you understand anyway :-)

A / Any idea(s) to solve my problem, would be greatly appreciated.

Jakob

[quote="JKJ"]

I have unchecked the "load masterdata" box in settings, but it dosen't really make any noticeable difference if it's on or off. The load time is more or less the same for a 60MB or 1½GB movie.

[/quote]

"Masterdata" = Metadata :-) 

We're lookng into a few issues with slow loading from ADATA drives.

Also, the next version of Infuse will support WebDAV streaming which will work as an alternative option for streaming and should result in a bit quicker response times.