slim interface

Dear developers,

I like aTVFlash (black) so far, but I would prefer a slim Interface with not so many additional main menus to keep it closer to the unjailbraked version.

Here are some suggestions for a slimmer interface with less “main menus”:

What about integrating the aTV flash maintenance menu into the official apple TV maintenance menu?

What about integrating the atv media browser menu into the “Computer” menu?

What about integrating the couch surfer pro menu into the Internet menu?

For me such a menu structure seems cleaner, more logic and follows more the apple way: less is more.

Is there also a possibility to customize the menu structure? (I only need XBMC for a plugin to get access to videos and other medias of german TV-Stations, so therefore I don’t want an extra menu just for that.)

Thank you for considering this.

best wishes

Markus

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

We may be integrating the Maintenance menu into the normal Settings menu.

As-is, the Internet menu is already quite full - I don’t know that it would make a lot of senses to add yet another item to it.

Media could be integrated into the Computers menu, though we would have to sacrifice the ‘Top Shelf’ items, and would then require extra clicks to get to Favorites (click Media, then Favorites, My Files, etc… would be listed).

Regarding XBMC, I think you’re referring to having access to an XBMC specific plugin in the main menu. Unfortunately this is not possible.  :frowning:

Hi James,

Thank you for your replay.

"We may be integrating the Maintenance menu into the normal Settings menu".

That would be really cool!!

"As-is, the Internet menu is already quite full - I don't know that it would make a lot of senses to add yet another item to it."

I understand, but if you manage to add couch surfer pro at the top of the Internet menu, it would be just one extra click for those who use it very often and it would be out of the top shelf for those  - like me- who use it only seldom, but want to have it. (Btw: The Internet Menu is a pain the way it is right now, since it is not individually customizable. For example I will never watch MLB, but I can't throw this item away...) If aTV flash would offer a way to customize it (uninstall and install these items like the way it is possible right now for the aTV Flash items, that would be exceptional great!!

"Media could be integrated into the Computers menu, though we would have to sacrifice the 'Top Shelf' items, and would then require extra clicks to get to Favorites (click Media, then Favorites, My Files, etc... would be listed)."

That's right, but for example if you are in the movie category and want to go to the media category as part of the computer menu, you would save one "top-shelf" click. So for me one click more or less wouldn't be a problem, I just would expect this menu as part of the computer menu because that's where my medias are: at my computer or at a NAS that's part of my computer Network.

Regarding XBMC, I think you're referring to having access to an XBMC specific plugin in the main menu. Unfortunately this is not possible. 

That would have been a dream, but I expected this to be impossible. My question is: Is there a way to individually customize the menu structure, so that I can move the XBMC menu for example into the Internet menu, since I use XBMC not very often, but still want to have it, while others, who use it very often, can leave it where it is - as a "Top shelf" menu item?

Thank you very much.

Best wishes

Markus