Siri playback controls (tvOS)

Whenever I use siri to do a voice command rewind, Infuse will only rewind 10 seconds, no matter what I say. For example if I said “Rewind 1 minute” or “Rewind 10 minutes” it will only rewind 10 seconds. Has anyone else seen this?

I don’t have this issue in Plex, netflix, etc

9 Likes

Infuse currently uses its own player, and unfortunately does not support all Siri commands at this time.

It may be something we can support in the future though, so moving to suggestions for now.

Would also like to see support for “What did he just say” and auto turn on subtitles for 10s like with netflix/itunes.

3 Likes

Would really like to see the Siri rewind/skip controls to work properly. Many other apps on Apple TV have implemented this (YouTube, VLC, etc.). Would be great if you could work on this as well as the „What did they say“ feature mentioned in the comment above.
Thanks

1 Like

More Siri gestures coming to Apple TV soon. Would be nice to at least ask Siri to skip ahead more than 10s.

When I try to add a new “Apple TV Remote” skip content shortcut in the app, the duration in Infuse always seems to be 10 seconds even though I change the durations to 25 or 30 seconds. This would be nice to skip intros with siri and all sorts of other commands but it doesn’t work with Infuse. Is this a know bug or issue?

Yes this is how it works. Infuse hasn’t supported anything beyond that and doesn’t support anything Siri yet. You can add support to this thread.

As @munpip214 said, it’s currently that way. I moved your post to the currently running thread requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Thanks! And yikes, this feature has been requested for 6 years now it seems. Is this an Apple limitation or is this simply not something Infuse devs have implemented yet?

I don’t think they can implement 100% of what other third-party apps can do like Netflix or Amazon, but they should be able to do some things. “What did they just say” is my number one request.

1 Like

+1. This is the thing that I’m missing the most when compared to other streaming apps. Playback skipping without voice is not great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

I moved your post to a currently running thread in the suggestions forum requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Yes please! For me this is the #1 most important request for Infuse.

I used to use Plex on a Mac and was able to turn subtitles on and off with one button mapped to a Harmony remote. When I switched to Infuse on the Apple TV I was so disappointed to discover that there is no way of quickly turning subtitles on and off. There are so many occasions when I can’t quite make out what somebody said, but at the moment it is way too cumbersome to turn subtitles on for just a few seconds and the off again.

3 Likes

Siri not able to rewind or fast forward using voice commands. Example, hey siri rewind 5 minutes. Is this a known issue or is it an Apple TV issue.

It’s an Apple allowing Infuse to use it issue. I moved your post to a suggestion thread for this feature.

1 Like

I don’t think specific times with siri is an apple issue. More advanced siri commands like playing specific videos or other options probably is.

1 Like

I can tell any other app that’s playing video on my Apple TV:

“Rewind 10 seconds”
“Rewind 50 seconds”
“Rewind 2 minutes”

And the streaming apps will do exact as I say. But InFuse, no matter how I phrase it, acts as if I just said “Hey Siri Rewind TV” regardless of duration I state and simply (and weirdly) rewinds the video FIVE seconds no matter what.

NOTE: “Play”, “Resume”, and “Next Episode” all work perfectly in InFuse.

Has this finally been resolved with Infuse 7.7?

I don’t see it mentioned in the changelog

Wanted to add a note that the siri command “next” does correctly go to the next chapter, but if i said “next episode” it continues to just go to the next chapter instead of skipping all the chapters to go to the next episode

1 Like