simple question: what is this uknown operation (50)?

simple question: what is this uknown operation (50) during the process ?  iTunes never opens

jailbreaking was so easy before maverick os x. 

whats the problem now?

any ideas?

I did a search for err0r 50 and come up with this:

Error 50: This error (and error -50) are timeout errors. Follow the steps for errors 13 or 14.

Error 13 and 14: These errors are typically resolved by performing one or more of the steps listed below:

1. Perform USB isolation troubleshooting, including trying a different USB port directly on the computer. See the advanced steps below for USB troubleshooting.
  2. Put a USB 2.0 hub between the device and the computer.
  3. Try a different USB cable.
  4. Eliminate third-party security software conflicts.
  5. There may be third-party software installed that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting one or more TcpWindowSize entries into your registry. Your default packet size being set incorrectly can cause this error. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet-size modification for assistance.
  6. Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, bypassing any routers, hubs, or switches. You may need to restart your computer and modem to get online.
  7. Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.

Yeah, saw that same message today as well.

I did the hack on my OS X Mavericks test system (because latest iTunes version is needed, which I don’t use on my main system). 

It was kinda cool NOT to see iTunes opened. like a ghost installing stuff

:wink:

At the End it finished surprisingly well. (nevertheless frustrated it is now a tethered only jailbreak)

funny - At first I thougt the same and did read the same Apple Support pages. That made no sense (the installer finished shortly after without any other warnings)!

I then realised that it is not an “iTunes restore” Error Code, but a line of Text from the Seas0nPass Installer.

curious what the text would be in OS X Mountain Lion!

I figured after the headach I had getting this all to work I would put up the steps I took to get it to work.

I am running an ATV 2 with os 6.0.2 (currently the newest) and the newest OS Maverick on imac mini

1: Jailbreak with Seas0npass like normal it will error out with an unknow 50 something or another

2: It still worked even though the error displayed

3: The only way to get it running is to use a tethered boot. If you do not you will boot the ATV to a black screen. ATV was never meant to be shut down anyways which is why there is no shut down button. Once booted it goes into a deep sleep mode and uses no electricity so just teather boot the stupid thing

4: I could NOT connect to any network after teathered boot

5: Reboot again doing a teatherd boot the ATV. Now ATV sees my network. Took about 2 minutes searching for networks

6: With everything up and running you can now install ATV Flash. Remember to turn on home sharing in itunes and make sure airplay on the ATV is enabled (it is by default)

7: I have been doing this type of crap for years with my apple products. if you get stuck feel free to email me and I will try and help personally. w.summers at cox dot net

Another update. I decided to test this on my 10.6.8 system and Seas0npass DOES NOT WORK. I also was unable in any way shape or form get plex installed. Although Infuse is decent, it is a long way from fluid. There is a lot of things that it just doesnt do. All Firecore needs to do is look at the plex client to see what needs to be done. As for plex, like I said earlier it does ot work however you can install XBMC on your ATV after installing ATV Flash. When XBMC is installed you can then set XBMC to look at your shared content folder for movies or whatever. the layout is a lot smoother than Infuse but of course not as good as plex.

For those of you wondering, PlexConnect also will not work with the above setup so do not waste your time.