Shutdown, how to wake up??

Hello
I used the “shutdown” command in “settings” and the ATV shutdowned (no hard drive activity, iTunes doesn’t see the ATV anymore, no AFP connection from finder possible, but the white light of the ATV is still on). How to wake up the ATV? The only way seems to remove the power cord and reconnect it… I tried with the wireless remote but it seems that no key wake up the ATV… any ideas?
Thanks

Franck

That us just supposed to put the Apple TV asleep and all you need to do it press a key on the remote to wake it up. You must have a different problem because when I go to Settings > Standby my light on the Apple TV turns off. I hardly ever use the Standby mode as I don’t think it really does much. IF you do get stuck, you should be able to press the Menu and minus (-) key on the remote for 3-5 seconds and it should make the Apple TV restart. I have notices that the Apple TV does slow down after it sits for a long time with no use and sometimes when you are playing high bitrate movies. I generally have to restart my Apple TV at least once a week just to let it refresh.

Hello
Thanks for answer.
I’m talking about nitoTV > Settings > Shutdown command, and not Settings > Stand By. This last one works as you described, but is not completely powering off the ATV, I still hear the hard drive turning and “scratching”. With the Nito TV command, the ATV seems to be completely off, but the lamp is still on. But with this one, I can’t wake it up with no command from the remote, so I’m wondering how to wake it up without the power cord…
Franck

I got ya, let me see if I can find that answer to you.