Showing correct audio and video codec when connected to Plex or Emby server

If a movie or TV show is showing its Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos in either Plex or Emby, why is it NOT showing this within Infuse?

Without having to duplicate a ton of typing you can find most of your answers in this thread.

The Readers Digest version is that other apps may be lying to your system to get the pretty badge.

1 Like

Looks like your right! I took a look at one movie I have that is supposed to be in Dolby Vision. In Emby it just shows as HDR10 and in Plex it shows as Dolby Vision/HDR10 (HVEC Main 10). When I used MediaInfo to see what is in the file, Dolby Vision isn’t even listed!
So how is Plex reading it as Dolby Vision? Better yet, how is my TV picking it up as Dolby Vision??

Read on in that thread. :wink:

So here is details from MediaInfo on a movie that shows it has Dolby Vision:

Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC

Any idea why it would NOT show up in Infuse as Dolby Vision?

For a long time, Plex did not show Dolby Vision details in its specs - and since Infuse relies on the info provided by Plex (and Emby/Jellyfin) when connected to these servers, we didn’t have a way to read this info.

However, this seems to be something they added recently, and the upcoming 7.5 release of Infuse will be able to recognize this info and display it correctly.

1 Like

@james Thanks for the info. I even tried connecting Infuse directly to that particular movie via directly to my NAS and WebDAV and for some reason Infuse won’t even recognize this particular movie as having Dolby Vision. Any idea why when the MediaInfo clearly shows DV?

That particular video is Profile 7. While it does contain Dolby Vision, Apple devices will only be able to play the HDR10 (or HDR10+) portion of the video. If Plex is playing this file as Dolby Vision then it is not handling it correctly.

Apple devices currently support Profile 5 and some Profile 8. The upcoming Infuse 7.5. release will expand the amount of Profile 8 videos which are supported, and these Profile 8 tags are the ones which are being added in 7.5.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.