[Showcase] Favorite icon artwork

I’m connecting via SMB, but no matter what I do, I can’t get it to show the prompt for choosing a picture?
I’m in the root menu with my Movies and TV folder (my two added favorites) - I click and hold but nothing happens?
I’ve added pictures in both folders with both naming conventions just in case one of them didn’t work.

I’m running the latest version 4.0.2 and have tried both force quitting the app and also rebooting the Apple TV just for the sake of it.

It works using folder.jpg but not with favorite.png

OK, so it seems the Apple TV showed Infuse as the new version but hadn’t actually updated it…?
Because this morning it has the little blue dot indicating it’s been update and what do you know I can now get custom icons.

Seems weird that the “Purchased” section of the App Store, showed I had the latest version even though it clearly wasn’t the case.

Still doesn’t work for me even though I am definitely on the new version (it says 4.0.2) in the Infuse settings.

What did you do exactly? You just added files called favorite.png in each folder and they showed up automatically as folder icons on the Apple TV, or there was another step? Thanks in advance.

For Infuse 4 on ATV4, You must put into the favorite folder a picture 1920x1080 with the name “favorite-atv.png” or “favorite-atv.jpg”, and then on the ATV make a long press on to the favorite icon for to see the update cover option.

For the rest of folders, you must put into the different folders a picture 1000x1500 with the name “folder.png” or “folder.jpg”, and Infuse 4 will recognize them automatically.

Thanks a lot, I had missed the trick to refresh with a long press and my files were named “favorite.png” (which I think the release notes were also mentioning as an option) … following your instructions it is now working well.

It is a small thing, but nice icons actually make the Infuse home screen look much better!

thanks guys love these i can see this post growing, i will keep checking back :slight_smile:

Fantastic artworks. Best so far.

Could you, please, make the background color of the standard Animation¹ image to look more alike with the background color of the standard Movies² and TV Shows³ images? I know i’m asking you too much. Sorry.

¹ Animation.png
² Movies.png
³ TV Shows.png

THX…:slight_smile:

My custom images would not display as favorite.png even after doing “refresh artwork”. Once I renamed the files to favorite-atv.png and clicked refresh artwork, they displayed immediately

Question, is it possible to add cover art for folders other than favorites? For example, I have two folders for Yo Gabba Gabba and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse that the automatic metadata fetching did not apply cover art to. Can I place a image inside these folders so they display with the right cover art?

Sorry this is a little off topic for the thread.

Simply place the photo you want in the folder and name it Folder.jpg

I’ve been doing that all morning, so everything looks as it should…

Loving the new Apple TV with Infuse.

Eagerly waiting for the HD audio formats pass through as advertised though.

This post is also very handy. Using three beautiful favorites artwork. Thanks for that.

I’m hoping to see if anyone has created artwork for tv shows which you can share? Shows like Empire, Walking Dead, Big Bang theory, Modern Family, Greys Anatomy, Friends, game of thrones, person of interest, the mentalist, true detective, two and a half men.

@Valderrama why would you need that?
The built in scraper already gathers all of that for you?

Thanks for your work dude

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/621855FullSizeRender4.jpg

Hmmm… strange… my TV Shows favorites does not show cover art for each show. When I open the show it does show the cover art for each season though… And when I open the season it does show episode art. Just not art of the main show…

EDIT: I figured out that Infuse wants to have all episodes in separate Season folders in the main show folder in order to automatically fetch main show art. Everything working now.

Works great… thanks so much!

Nice Job!

Can you add the “mickey mouse” and “eyeball” icons to your Grey-Orange format?

Fantastic artworks. Best so far.

Could you, please, make the background color of the standard Animation¹ image to look more alike with the background color of the standard Movies² and TV Shows³ images? I know i’m asking you too much. Sorry.

¹ Animation.png
² Movies.png
³ TV Shows.png[/quote]

Thanks! I’m not sure to understand your request… Do you want the animation and tv shows artwork in the blue background color? If it’s what you are asking for, it shouldn’t take me more than 2 minutes to do so. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your work dude

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/621855FullSizeRender4.jpg[/quote]

Your welcome, thanks to you :wink: