Show Poster instead of Fanart in Main Menu?

Hi,

is it possible to switch the view in the main menu for the top area (Watching, Recently added) from Fanart to Poster?
If it is not possible at the moment, I would like to request this as a feature.

In the attached Screenshot I have marked the area I am talking about.

Thanks!

11 Likes

Moving to suggestions. Thanks!

Please implement this!

1 Like

Looks like there is not much love for this.
Any way to see if a suggestion is somehow being worked on, considered to be implemented or dropped?

The top tacked thread in the Suggestions sub-forum has a list of new features that are currently in the works. You can see that here Upcoming Features (updated 12/19/23)

That thread is updated often and has the date of last update listed in the title.

As a general rule of thumb, the more likes the suggestion post gets the more likely it is to make it to the consideration phase. That’s not to guarantee that just because a suggestion gets a bunch of likes it will automatically get implemented, but it will get considered.

You can see how many likes a post has when you scroll through the suggestions forum and see the green “likes” on your thread it’s “+2 likes”

That’s just how I see it, I’m not an employee of Firecore so I don’t have insider info to the really fun stuff.

+1 from me

Hi,

is there any way to use posters in the Up Next Row like on the Apple TV Homescreen? In the Infuse App it uses Fanart. Not even the Preview Images Emby can provide.

regards
ralf

2 Likes

I’d prefer this option, too.

Even more, I’d prefer to be able to hide the “Up Next” row from the Infuse app entirely while continuing to utilize it on the Apple TV Homescreen; where it is most useful.

If I’m going to choose an item from the Up Next row, I’ll usually do from the Apple TV homescreen. It serves me no purpose if I’m already in the app, because my customized content rows below (which notably use posters instead of fanart) are more efficient.

You can go into the „Library“ and add a specific Section (for example „Unseen“ or „recently added“ etc.) directly to the Homescreen!
Then it shows Posters instead of Fanart :wink::+1:

The „Up Next“ you can disable in Settings.

Right. But then you lose “Up Next” also on the AppleTV Home Screen, where it is actually useful.

1 Like

Hi,

i retagged it as Suggestions. pls consider an option to use Posters in Infuse for “Up Next”. Thanks

2 Likes

still nothing happend on that topic. its really sad that simple suggestions dont make it in the list of the developers.

edit: sorry for my harsh words.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

How exactly would I “switch back” to using my AppleTV’s native player to play files located on my home server, or any remote one, when Apple never had its own app for that to begin with?

I commend @NC_Bullseye for his restraint …

Me, I’m just sitting here wondering what makes people (and I’m surprised by how many!) think calling someone’s software a “piece of s…” and criticizing ‘the abysmal level of service in this establishment!’ … is a great way to convince the writers of said software to put any effort into addressing their peculiar concerns?

I mean, dang. Good luck, I guess.

1 Like

Maybe I’m in the minority but I never liked the choice of Background/Backdrop art used as art in the ‘Watching’ section. I can’t be alone in preferring to see an official poster over a fan-made background for a movie or tv show. Not sure if this is the right place for this request but It would be great if users had the option to choose to just see Poster art instead.

1 Like